Announcement: Kindle Direct Publishing Community Guidelines
|Announcement: Kindle Direct Publishing Community Guidelines|
The goal of the Kindle Direct Publishing Community is to provide an environment where members, no matter how new or experienced, can freely exchange thoughts, ideas, and knowledge. The Community is a dedicated support tool, and we place tremendous value on the information exchanged by the Community.
The following guidelines are critical to our goal and pertain to any content (including, but not limited to, text, images, videos, URLs, and references) within the Community. Please help us maintain this constructive environment by following these guidelines and encouraging your peers to do the same.
-Participating in Our Community-
Kindle Direct Publishing is proud to provide this Community for you to get answers to your questions, collaborate, air your opinions about using our platform, discuss industry news, and create a professional network.
Speak your mind! We want to hear what you have to say. What are our strengths? What can we do better? Help us support the Community more effectively by giving us honest feedback about the things we are succeeding at and constructive criticism about the things we can improve.
Say what you think, but please say it constructively. We encourage you to be open, but cannot accept use that demonstrates disrespect for others or offensive behavior.
Use web real estate wisely. Have a question? No matter how complex, ask away and challenge your peers! However, please do not intentionally post content that demonstrates little or no relevance or disrupts the effective use of the forums in any way. Please communicate only in a manner that respects the time and energy of your peers.
Members may contribute:
• Posts that are topic-specific to the board and the thread.
• Questions that challenge your peers.
• Relevant knowledge, ideas, and experiences.
• Ideas for new features.
• Honest feedback about the things we are succeeding at and constructive criticism about the things we can improve.
• Posts with external website links and links to images as long as they are relevant, helpful, or if they provide an example for discussion relating to the Kindle Direct Publishing project.
• Posts announcing or requesting feedback on content created through Kindle Direct Publishing. Limit the promotion of your project to one thread.
While we appreciate your time and participation, we respectfully request that you follow some general guidelines on what not to post:
• Do not post images or remarks that are profane, obscene, or spiteful.
• Do not post content that demonstrates intolerance for or is insulting to other groups and individuals.
• Do not intentionally post content that demonstrates little or no relevance to Kindle Direct Publishing issues, or disrupts the effective use of the Community in any way. Use the Community tools only in a manner that respects the time and energy of your peers.
• Do not post advertisements or solicitations for external web sites, contests, paid service offerings, or other solicitations.
• Do not solicit Kindle Direct Publishing members on the discussion boards to be your potential customers.
• Do not post repeated announcements of a single topic or respond to a thread with the sole purpose of resurfacing it to the top of the discussion board, also known as bumping.
• Do not include phone numbers, email or physical addresses, or other personal information in your posts, images, or videos.
• Do not post threads that do not relate to the topic of the board.
If you would like to tell us about a specific problem with your Kindle Direct Publishing account, please submit a support request by visiting our Contact Us page.
-Kindle Direct Publishing's Role in the Community-
Our team is actively involved in the Kindle Direct Publishing Community and we will regularly browse this forum, however, we cannot read every thread and post. For that reason, we rely on the Community to help us enforce the Community rules.
To protect your privacy and security, we will not reply to individual questions about specific titles or accounts here. Please contact us through our secure Contact Us at the bottom of each page for specific questions that need our attention.
We will continue to post relevant updates and news for our members here. Please check back often to stay abreast of what is happening at Kindle Direct Publishing.
As a team, we think a lot about which new features to build next for you. We will continue to use this forum to get your ideas and to gauge your interests. This will help us in launching new technologies and offerings within Kindle Direct Publishing.
Kindle Direct Publishing reserves the right to remove, edit, and determine the appropriateness or value related to content at its sole discretion, without notice.
Your use of the Kindle Direct Publishing Community is subject to the Amazon.com Conditions of Use.