Bookshelf | Reports | Community | KDP Select

Home » Amazon KDP Support » Ask the Community » General Questions

Thread: Time of day that new sales are showing?


This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Reply to this Thread Reply to this Thread Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 10 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Dec 1, 2016 11:53 PM Last Post By: crazywriterlady
Donna St Felix

Posts: 5,677
Registered: 09/18/13
Time of day that new sales are showing?
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 10:30 AM
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Has anyone pinpointed a specific time of day that new sales seem to posted for Kindle? Early mornings, late morning, etc?
Jonathan B

Posts: 4,518
Registered: 10/23/12
Re: Time of day that new sales are showing?
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 10:41 AM   in response to: Donna St Felix in response to: Donna St Felix
Helpful
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
The sales show up as they go through the system, not at any specific time.
villagoise

Posts: 3,082
Registered: 11/13/11
Re: Time of day that new sales are showing?
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 11:09 AM   in response to: Donna St Felix in response to: Donna St Felix
Helpful
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Donna St Felix wrote:
Has anyone pinpointed a specific time of day that new sales seem to posted for Kindle? Early mornings, late morning, etc?
My time of day is probably not the same as yours, but I see sales reported in my early mornings that weren't there when I went to bed the night before. Thereafter, they appear at intervals during my day.
Donna St Felix

Posts: 5,677
Registered: 09/18/13
Re: Time of day that new sales are showing?
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 1:35 PM   in response to: Donna St Felix in response to: Donna St Felix
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Thanks for the replies.
Mine seem to show up in the very early morning hours, for the most part.
acornwriter

Posts: 1,969
Registered: 07/21/10
Re: Time of day that new sales are showing?
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 2:02 PM   in response to: villagoise in response to: villagoise
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I see sales reported in my early mornings that weren't there when I went to bed the night before.

Me too.

I used to work at a radio station and we had to turn the transmitter down at seven o'clock in the evening and then back up again in the morning. It wasn't always exact. Sometimes it remained undone. On the weekends, the greenhorns came in so the regulars could get the weekend off. Inexperienced radio broadcasters, that's always fun. (I was one too.) I get a kick out of pointing out the screw-ups on TV weekend newscasts. I always picture the same thing at Amazon. Real people, learning the job, not always able to do their job on time. Especially on the weekends and holidays.
chris christoph...

Posts: 550
Registered: 01/28/13
Re: Time of day that new sales are showing?
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 4:34 PM   in response to: Donna St Felix in response to: Donna St Felix
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Mine seem totally random. It's funnest when I hear the register while writing at the computer. But, it seems to be close to real-time because there is no way for me to predict (so I could be writing more at those times :-) ).

As a side issue, my 'I'm having a good day' and 'I'm having a bad day' seem to, more and more, be predicted by that little graph on Book Report. That thing becomes ADDICTIVE! Tons of sales=good day. Only a few sales=bad day.
acornwriter

Posts: 1,969
Registered: 07/21/10
Re: Time of day that new sales are showing?
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 6:05 PM   in response to: chris christoph... in response to: chris christoph...
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Chris C. said: As a side issue, my 'I'm having a good day' and 'I'm having a bad day' seem to, more and more, be predicted by that little graph on Book Report. That thing becomes ADDICTIVE! Tons of sales=good day. Only a few sales=bad day.

That is one of the drawbacks of the biz. As long is there is action, I'm happy. When there is no action... I am bummed. I hope to have an understanding of which dates are normally slow. Wisdom comes with experience. Controlling emotions comes with maturity. ;-)
chris christoph...

Posts: 550
Registered: 01/28/13
Re: Time of day that new sales are showing?
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 7:27 PM   in response to: acornwriter in response to: acornwriter
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
acornwriter wrote:
That is one of the drawbacks of the biz. As long is there is action, I'm happy. When there is no action... I am bummed. I hope to have an understanding of which dates are normally slow. Wisdom comes with experience. Controlling emotions comes with maturity. ;-)

On a day-by-day basis, I find that quite often, Sundays are a bit slower. Fewer people buy... ummm... naughty books on Sunday?

(well, okay, they're not ALL naughty)
tommy head

Posts: 178
Registered: 10/06/15
Re: Time of day that new sales are showing?
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 8:00 PM   in response to: Donna St Felix in response to: Donna St Felix
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Sometimes the customer has almost finished the book before the download shows up at author central.
Jonathan B

Posts: 4,518
Registered: 10/23/12
Re: Time of day that new sales are showing?
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 8:31 PM   in response to: chris christoph... in response to: chris christoph...
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
chris christopherson wrote:
acornwriter wrote:
That is one of the drawbacks of the biz. As long is there is action, I'm happy. When there is no action... I am bummed. I hope to have an understanding of which dates are normally slow. Wisdom comes with experience. Controlling emotions comes with maturity. ;-)

On a day-by-day basis, I find that quite often, Sundays are a bit slower. Fewer people buy... ummm... naughty books on Sunday?

(well, okay, they're not ALL naughty)

Sundays and Mondays are my best days now. Thursdays are my worst.
crazywriterlady

Posts: 4,230
Registered: 09/18/12
Re: Time of day that new sales are showing?
Posted: Oct 5, 2016 6:56 AM   in response to: Donna St Felix in response to: Donna St Felix
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
My experience has been that sales show up whenever the payment clears, up until about 8 pm PST. Those get reported early the next day. Others have said this is their experience as well.
Legend
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums