Sorry to hear your sales have slumped I know how upsetting this can be. Have you checked to see if :
1. The categories for your books have changed (i.e. if you write crime books are they now appearing in the romance category)
2. Have you checked the "key words" you use for the SEOs to pick up your books, as I suspect there were some SEO changes late last year which has now made it harder for some books to be picked up by the search engines
3. Have you checked (by putting your titles into Google.com) to see if anyone is giving your books away for free, unbeknown to yourself.
4. Have you thought about more free advertising (i.e, stating on LinkedIn what books you have written, posting a note on Face book etc reminding people of your book titles).
5. Have you thought about obtaining further Reviews (i.e. giving a copy of your ebook to a reviewer for free for them to review it).
6. Have you thought about running off some free bookmarks advertising your ebooks which you can leave in public libraries, information centres, etc
By checking (and sorting out the above) I have managed to get my sales pretty much back on track and hope you are able to do the same.
Luke, You're in the wrong spot for such things. Try asking for feedback in the general forum. PLEASE don't post a 'how can I get sales?' post or those tired of seeing that question over and over again will most likely ignore you. Mention sales are lacking and ask for feedback on your blurb, cover, LITB. Brace yourself- honest answers can be tough to hear, but a lot of good folk there know their stuff and will help. Be sure to include a link to your work in your post because many members will look if there's a link but won't go digging around the Kindle store to find it.
For info about marketing, check out the 'Voice of the Author/publisher' forum. Take the time to look back a good 4 or 5 pages. Pay particular attention to the 'Newbies start here' thread and the 'What mioves Kindles off the shelf?" thread. Yes, it's misspelled there, intentionally. They're lengthy threads you won't get through in a sitting (or two, unless you're glued to your chair) but don't be discouraged by the size of them.
The info you want is around, but it's too much to spell out here, and you'll need to do a little research to get yourself on track, but it's well worth it. Good luck.
Hi - Can someone help me with this? Reading recent posts on the subject I had never before thought to check whether my books are being offered for free somewhere. I googled the best seller, and lo and behold, it is being offered on pdfebookds.com. There is a form which you can fill in to get them to remove your books, but when I fill it in I get an error message. What I want to know is has anybody else had this problem, and what should be the next step?
What annoys me even more about this is that it says on the page that the books are delivered directly from Amazon. So are Amazon in on this? If so, why are they giving books away without my consent or knowledge? If they're not in on this, then why aren't they bringing their considerable resources to bear against these people?
Hi londinius, I had trouble with this site too, as it had 3 of my books for free download. It appears the actual download action is via another site run by ilivid. I emailed them at : email@example.com and advised them they were illegally downloading my books without my permission and requested they removed my books and any links to them from their site immediately. ilivid have a DRM copyright policy which you can find at: http://www.ilivid.com/copyrights.htm.
Hi, Although my sales for Amazon.com were around normal for last month (Jun 2013) I have noticed a decided dip from mid June onwards for sales via Amazon.co.uk, which is unusual given I mainly write Travel Guides and June is usually one of my better sales months, particularly for my British tour guides. If I come across reasons which may contribute to this fall in sales on Amazon.co.uk I will advise further in case it will help anyone else experiencing the same.
I note that there are other "Community" postings from authors who appear to be currently experiencing problems with sales figures and reporting also.
I'm still seeing a pitiful amount of sales (down around 75%) on Amazon.co.uk and have been since mid June. Is anyone else experiencing this? And does anyone have any idea's why? It appears that whatever the problem is it is only hitting Amazon UK sales as my UK sales via other outlets (Apple, B&N) and my international sales are as expected.