My bookscan sales figures show zero sales even though my reports show a few. Also, sometimes my book's ranking will improve on Author Central without any sales in the dashboard. I believe I have sales missing, perhaps many.
At least, they replied that the actual sales figures are in their mainframe (according to one post). That's good enough for me.
Though if the issue is reflecting the results from the mainframe to the authors, I don't think that's a difficult job.
My two cents is they're trying to observe patterns which indicate violations of KDP rules BEFORE the results are sent to the author's dashboard. And these patterns can only be observed though a period of time. If I am right, then good for us. Let's leave them to do their jobs.
This website is offering pirate pdf copies of 1000's of books.
The following is from their website:
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others just as we expect others to respect our rights. Pursuant to Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c), a copyright owner or their agent may submit a takedown notice to us via our DMCA Agent listed below. As an internet service provider, we are entitled to claim immunity from said infringement claims pursuant to the “safe harbor” provisions of the DMCA. To submit a good faith infringement claim to us, you must submit notice to us that sets forth the following information:
Notice of Infringement – Claim
1. A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner (or someone authorized to act on behalf of the owner);
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
3. Identification of the infringing material to be removed, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. Please submit the URL of the page in question to assist us in identifying the allegedly offending work;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party including your name, physical address, email address, phone number and fax number;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material is unauthorized by the copyright agent; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Title 17 USC §512(f) provides civil damage penalties, including costs and attorney fees, against any person who knowingly and materially misrepresents certain information in a notification of infringement under 17 USC §512(c)(3).
I have written a trio of Alternate History Novels, titled "OPERATION HERKULES", "THE KNIGHT'S GAMBIT" and "THE GATES OF VICTORY". They have been well received and IMHO they have very good review ratings in the 4.5 out of 5 possible stars. I am really glad this glitch in reporting did not occur during my rollout of 'VICTORY' as the first few weeks of sales are of intense interest! I sympathize with other authors who have reported this problem has hit them during roll-out.
I wasn't able to download at work because it was block as "pirating". Not sure if I would have the same issues at home but I send an email requesting they remove my book immediately (which by law they have to do.)