Bookshelf | Reports | Community | KDP Select

Home » Amazon KDP Support » Ask the Community » General Questions

Thread: Notice of cessation of


This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Reply to this Thread Reply to this Thread Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 44 - Pages: 3 [ 1 2 3 | Next ] - Last Post: May 19, 2017 4:34 PM Last Post By: resteasy Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
firstater ferna...

Posts: 172
Registered: 02/03/15
Notice of cessation of
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 7:34 AM
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Notice of cessation of verbal contract
I don't like this.Why do I need to publish my thoughts and show my fears to everybody?
This blackboard is the last place I should want to write.

December was holidays but January, February and half Mars passed and I haven't seen one page.
To my knowledge you did nothing and I expect nothing.
Forget everything.
I am sorry for my bad manners ,for sure you deserved more consideration.
I do not know what arouse this disproportionate amount of aggression.Put this reaction into my post traumatic stress disorder account.I'm crazy, that's it.
I am afraid of being unjust with you, at the begining you showed the best intentions and now that this failed for unknown reasons I can't mistreat you.

For the strangers here I have to say that this is about a failed translation and nothing more happened.

But the main reason is that since December the book has changed a lot.
I told you that ahead of your work I was going to introduce changes ( but the needed cooperation suffered from a lack of collaboration) add,supress,(mostly add closing to achievement and perfection),and this is what I have been doing on the Spanish version.
Now that one is the book and the December document you received is a discarded draft.
And may be in the far future I will translate the book into English using one of those professional tools coming along with cheap quantum computers.

Notjohn

Posts: 20,797
Registered: 02/27/13
Re: Notice of cessation of
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 7:56 AM   in response to: firstater ferna... in response to: firstater ferna...
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Who is this "you" that you're addressing? Is it Amazon, your fellow publishers, or someone else entirely?

If you mean that you will no longer post here, I'm sorry to hear it, because I rather enjoy your musings.

Good luck! -- NJ

The book: Notjohn's Guide to E-Book Formatting (and print as well!)

The blog: http://notjohnkdp.blogspot.com
firstater ferna...

Posts: 172
Registered: 02/03/15
Re: Notice of cessation of
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 11:37 AM   in response to: Notjohn in response to: Notjohn
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I am afraid of being dispossessed of my precious manuscript that is why I am making scandal alerting writers, publishers and readers that is my book.
The concealed identity of my translator doesn't need to be revealed in this instance.
Believe me I didn't wanted to arrive to this mood but if the person doesn't respond my mails she herself pushed me into this state of mind.
Excuse me you and Amazon for this inconvenience and I vow not to repeat such kind of post in the future.
grandmaster

Posts: 838
Registered: 11/29/16
Re: Notice of cessation of
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 1:39 PM   in response to: firstater ferna... in response to: firstater ferna...
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
firstater fernando wrote:
I am afraid of being dispossessed of my precious manuscript that is why I am making scandal alerting writers, publishers and readers that is my book.
The concealed identity of my translator doesn't need to be revealed in this instance.
Believe me I didn't wanted to arrive to this mood but if the person doesn't respond my mails she herself pushed me into this state of mind.
Excuse me you and Amazon for this inconvenience and I vow not to repeat such kind of post in the future.

If you are referring to that kind soul who offered to help with your book on another thread, I advise you to tread cautiously. Your thread is bordering on libel. I know you won't understand what that is, but you can look it up.

Believe me, no one wants to steal your book. No one. Like most of us, she is probably tired of dealing with you.
Emily Veinglory

Posts: 2,900
Registered: 04/25/13
Re: Notice of cessation of
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 1:42 PM   in response to: firstater ferna... in response to: firstater ferna...
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
If you have an issue with a person, talk to that person. If you have an issue with a business deal that cannot be resolved by talking to that person, take it to the vendor or BBB. If they offered to do you a favor, and didn't follow through, for FFS let it go.

Making snide asides to random strangers on a forum just makes me suspect maybe the other person is not the problem here.
grandmaster

Posts: 838
Registered: 11/29/16
Re: Notice of cessation of
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 1:43 PM   in response to: firstater ferna... in response to: firstater ferna...
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
firstater fernando wrote:
Notice of cessation of verbal contract
I don't like this.Why do I need to publish my thoughts and show my fears to everybody?
This blackboard is the last place I should want to write.

December was holidays but January, February and half Mars passed and I haven't seen one page.
To my knowledge you did nothing and I expect nothing.
Forget everything.
I am sorry for my bad manners ,for sure you deserved more consideration.
I do not know what arouse this disproportionate amount of aggression.Put this reaction into my post traumatic stress disorder account.I'm crazy, that's it.
I am afraid of being unjust with you, at the begining you showed the best intentions and now that this failed for unknown reasons I can't mistreat you.

For the strangers here I have to say that this is about a failed translation and nothing more happened.

But the main reason is that since December the book has changed a lot.
I told you that ahead of your work I was going to introduce changes ( but the needed cooperation suffered from a lack of collaboration) add,supress,(mostly add closing to achievement and perfection),and this is what I have been doing on the Spanish version.
Now that one is the book and the December document you received is a discarded draft.
And may be in the far future I will translate the book into English using one of those professional tools coming along with cheap quantum computers.


Quoting in case you decide to edit. Whatever your point is, whomever it's addressed to, it's verging on being unreadable. That's putting it mildly.

It's going to be a long time before a computer comes along that can translate adequately, but hope springs eternal, I guess.

If you don't want to post here, then don't. It's not required to be published through KDP. No one is forcing you to do anything you don't want to do.
firstater ferna...

Posts: 172
Registered: 02/03/15
Re: Notice of cessation of
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 1:15 PM   in response to: grandmaster in response to: grandmaster
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Oh boy,this is getting though.
Libel is not a literary genre, it is closer to a legal figure.
If I have gone too far in my veiled denounce so I don't know any more how to behave in society,what is allowed to me to do and what I am not meant to do.
I didn't know we were in a ball at the castle with only smiling faces and sweet words.
I only want to remark that she could end or finish my outburst with only two words in a mail but she doesn't, liking,it seems, the escalade up till the High Court of the Guilde.
Of course I want to end this here and not be punished with my expulsion from KDP and Facebook .I was making an entry rather than an exit.
DDKimberley

Posts: 886
Registered: 10/16/15
Re: Notice of cessation of
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 1:51 PM   in response to: grandmaster in response to: grandmaster
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I don't know if it's still true--I guess the internet may have changed things--but for many years, certain legal actions required the petitioner to post a notice for X number of days in the newspaper.

I sort of gathered that's what the OP was trying to do here: make a public record for his own protection. In good faith, s/he passed his/her MS along to someone who offered help and that person has stopped communicating.

I think I'd feel very vulnerable in the OP's position.
Diana Persaud

Posts: 2,263
Registered: 10/07/13
Re: Notice of cessation of
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 2:23 PM   in response to: DDKimberley in response to: DDKimberley
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
How will posting gibberish on this thread help him?

If anything it will help the other person should they claim there was a misunderstanding due to OP's failure to communicate clearly.
Diana Persaud

Posts: 2,263
Registered: 10/07/13
Re: Notice of cessation of
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 2:24 PM   in response to: DDKimberley in response to: DDKimberley
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
With legal proceedings you have to send a notice via the Deputy. Who reads newspapers nowadays?

Edited by: Diana Persaud on Mar 14, 2017 2:24 PM
DDKimberley

Posts: 886
Registered: 10/16/15
Re: Notice of cessation of
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 2:37 PM   in response to: Diana Persaud in response to: Diana Persaud
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Diana Persaud wrote:
How will posting gibberish on this thread help him?

If anything it will help the other person should they claim there was a misunderstanding due to OP's failure to communicate clearly.


How would he know that he's posting gibberish if an inability to communicate clearly was how it all started? Kind of a circular problem there, lol.

I didn't have the impression he plans legal action--just wanted to make public notice of his ownership of the MS and void whatever agreement he'd entered into.
Diana Persaud

Posts: 2,263
Registered: 10/07/13
Re: Notice of cessation of
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 2:42 PM   in response to: DDKimberley in response to: DDKimberley
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
DDKimberley wrote:
Diana Persaud wrote:
How will posting gibberish on this thread help him?

If anything it will help the other person should they claim there was a misunderstanding due to OP's failure to communicate clearly.

How would he know that he's posting gibberish if an inability to communicate clearly was how it all started? Kind of a circular problem there, lol.

I didn't have the impression he plans legal action--just wanted to make public notice of his ownership of the MS and void whatever agreement he'd entered into.


Posting here doesn't prove anything. It doesn't give him any legal protection at all.

It isn't circular logic. I have no idea what his issues are because he can't communicate. I'm trying to piece together what others have posted.
DDKimberley

Posts: 886
Registered: 10/16/15
Re: Notice of cessation of
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 5:00 PM   in response to: Diana Persaud in response to: Diana Persaud
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Such a stunning lack of empathy from people who spend so much of their time inside the minds of their fictional characters.

If we're to presume that what he's saying makes sense to him, WHY would anyone expect him to know that posting that notice here gives him no protection?

He was feeling vulnerable, looking for some way to protect himself and his work from a person who would not communicate with him. He came to the forum where the deal was first struck, to publicly void the agreement. Why is that hard to understand?
grandmaster

Posts: 838
Registered: 11/29/16
Re: Notice of cessation of
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 5:31 PM   in response to: DDKimberley in response to: DDKimberley
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
DDKimberley wrote:
Such a stunning lack of empathy from people who spend so much of their time inside the minds of their fictional characters.

If we're to presume that what he's saying makes sense to him, WHY would anyone expect him to know that posting that notice here gives him no protection?

He was feeling vulnerable, looking for some way to protect himself and his work from a person who would not communicate with him. He came to the forum where the deal was first struck, to publicly void the agreement. Why is that hard to understand?


It's pointless to do this. All he needs is proof he owns copyright (and since he published the book before he got whatever it is he's terminating, that would be better than posting some incomprehensible stuff here). He should be speaking to a qualified attorney at any rate. Nothing he posts here qualifies as legal action.

We've tried the empathy. What we got in return was an assumption that we agreed to take on his book as some sort of free community project, even to the point of assuming some had offered to edit (if I'm remembering the thread correctly). Some kind soul -- and I can't remember who it was -- did actually agree to take the book on and see what could be done with it, without it taking over his/her life. It's likely the OP is being ignored because he simply won't give up.

Many of us tried to help with suggestions about editing, finding a translator, and all we got in return was more gibberish and excuses. We all have problems. Some are more tragic than others, but instead of excuses, a way around the problems would be a better path.

The book is in dire need of a competent editor and translator, which will not be done by anyone with any sense for free. The OP has personal issues, poverty and homelessness perhaps, which doesn't allow much for professional help. So, he's trapped in a cycle where he wants help, but won't listen to anyone who offers it on the forum, and no one is going to take on this effort if they've read any of his posts.

I feel sorry for him, but things are as they are. Maybe circumstances will improve and the OP will be able to pay for some editing, but that's about all anyone can hope for. Unless you want to offer your services, which I can assure you, you will come to regret.
Ralph E Vaughan

Posts: 3,117
Registered: 12/01/12
Re: Notice of cessation of
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 5:57 PM   in response to: grandmaster in response to: grandmaster
 
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
grandmaster wrote:
DDKimberley wrote:
Such a stunning lack of empathy from people who spend so much of their time inside the minds of their fictional characters.

If we're to presume that what he's saying makes sense to him, WHY would anyone expect him to know that posting that notice here gives him no protection?

He was feeling vulnerable, looking for some way to protect himself and his work from a person who would not communicate with him. He came to the forum where the deal was first struck, to publicly void the agreement. Why is that hard to understand?

It's pointless to do this. All he needs is proof he owns copyright (and since he published the book before he got whatever it is he's terminating, that would be better than posting some incomprehensible stuff here). He should be speaking to a qualified attorney at any rate. Nothing he posts here qualifies as legal action.

We've tried the empathy. What we got in return was an assumption that we agreed to take on his book as some sort of free community project, even to the point of assuming some had offered to edit (if I'm remembering the thread correctly). Some kind soul -- and I can't remember who it was -- did actually agree to take the book on and see what could be done with it, without it taking over his/her life. It's likely the OP is being ignored because he simply won't give up.

Many of us tried to help with suggestions about editing, finding a translator, and all we got in return was more gibberish and excuses. We all have problems. Some are more tragic than others, but instead of excuses, a way around the problems would be a better path.

The book is in dire need of a competent editor and translator, which will not be done by anyone with any sense for free. The OP has personal issues, poverty and homelessness perhaps, which doesn't allow much for professional help. So, he's trapped in a cycle where he wants help, but won't listen to anyone who offers it on the forum, and no one is going to take on this effort if they've read any of his posts.

I feel sorry for him, but things are as they are. Maybe circumstances will improve and the OP will be able to pay for some editing, but that's about all anyone can hope for. Unless you want to offer your services, which I can assure you, you will come to regret.


Someone took pity on the lost soul, offered to help with his wretched book, then came to her senses when she saw the book was hopeless as well. Or maybe her schedule doesn't fit his and she'll get back to him anon. Either way, she owes him nothing beyond what her sense of charity dictates. A teaching moment ... if you want to help strays, stick with dogs where the chance of getting a bit hand is less likely.
Legend
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums