Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?
Indian Languages (Beta)
Publishing Indian language eBooks on KDP is currently in beta testing. We welcome publishers with books in five Indian languages to publish and earn up to 70% royalties.
Here's what you should know:
- Five languages: Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Malayalam and Gujarati.
- Paperback publishing for Indian languages is not currently available.
- We recommend using English for your title metadata. While KDP accepts Indian languages, they may not display correctly on all Amazon and Kindle websites, apps and emails.
- KDP currently accepts Indian language content only in Microsoft Word (doc/docx) formats.
- Enroll in KDP Select to earn up to 70% royalty on sales to Amazon.in, as well as a share of the KDP Select global fund when a customer uses Kindle Unlimited to read your book.
- Distribute your book to worldwide Kindle stores including Amazon.in, Amazon.com (US) and Amazon.co.uk (UK).
- We're still improving our support for these languages. You may encounter errors when uploading a manuscript. Learn more about fixing common file conversion issues.
- Send us feedback, or ask us questions! Tell us which file formats you'd like us to support, or any other improvements you'd like to request.