CreateSpace books are now on Kindle Direct Publishing
We're excited to announce that CreateSpace has combined with Kindle Direct publishing (KDP), making KDP the single place to publish your print and digital books. This move will allow us to focus our efforts and innovate faster for authors, publishers, and customers.
CreateSpace members can now access the same great features they use today on KDP, as well as features unique to KDP. CreateSpace and KDP will continue to operate as a single team. Paperbacks will continue to be printed in the same facilities, on the same printers, and by the same people.
Print on Demand
KDP's print on demand service allows you to self-publish your book in paperback and sell it on Amazon websites in the US, Europe, and Japan, as well as other retail book sellers through KDP's Expanded Distribution channels. You don't have to pay any costs upfront or carry any inventory. Your book is printed on demand when customers purchase it.
Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) is an Amazon self-publishing service. You can publish your books in digital and print for free and sell on Amazon to millions of readers. You can earn up to 70% royalty on Kindle eBook and 60% on paperback sales.
You can use KDP's free tools to prepare your book and publish quickly.
- Write and prepare your book: We support popular file formats like Word, html, txt, and pdf. We also offer free formatting tools like Kindle Create and a free cover creator.
- Publish through KDP in minutes: You can publish an eBook and paperback with one file, and the book will be available on Amazon within two days. We offer a free ISBN for print books.
- Free to publish: No upfront cost and a free ISBN
- Free publishing tools: Formatting tools and templates, a cover creator, an online previewer, and PDF proofs
REACH MORE READERS
- International reach: Reach millions of readers through Amazon websites in the US, Europe, and Japan
- Expanded Distribution: Sell your book in local bookstores in the US through KDP's Expanded Distribution channels
- 100% availability: Your book will be printed on demand with each order
SIMPLE & EASY
- Easy process: Step-by-step instructions to guide you through the publishing process
- Print on demand: Books are printed when customers order. No need to keep inventory.
- Covers printed on 10-point stock in full-color and laminated for durability interiors
- Professional trade paperback binding with multiple trim size options and full-color or black and white printing
- Sales on Amazon: Earn up to a 60% royalty rate minus printing cost
- Sales through KDP's Expanded Distribution channels: Earn up to a 40% royalty rate minus printing cost
- Author proof: Order pre-publication author proof at printing cost
- Author copy: Author copies available at printing cost