Why Enroll in KDP Select?
- Earn higher royalties
- Earn your share of the KDP Select Global Fund amount when readers borrow your books from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library. Plus, earn 70% royalty for sales to customers in Japan, India, Brazil and Mexico.
- Maximize your book’s sales potential
- Choose between two great promotional tools: Kindle Countdown Deals, time-bound promotional discounting for your book while earning royalties; or Free Book Promotion where readers worldwide can get your book free for a limited time.
- Reach a new audience
- Help readers discover your books by making them available through the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library and reach the growing number of Amazon Prime customers in the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, and Japan.
Frequently asked questions
- What is the Kindle Owners' Lending Library?
- The Kindle Owners' Lending Library is a collection of books that Amazon Prime members who own a Kindle can borrow once a month with no due dates. Your books will still be available for anyone to buy in the Kindle Store, and you'll continue to earn royalties from those sales like you do today. For more information, click here.
- What does it mean to publish exclusively on Kindle?
- When you choose to enroll your book in KDP Select, you're committing to make the digital format of that book available exclusively through KDP. During the period of exclusivity, you cannot distribute your book digitally anywhere else, including on your website, blogs, etc. However, you can continue to distribute your book in physical format, or in any format other than digital. See the KDP Select Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Where can I see the terms and conditions of KDP Select?
- Click here to see KDP Select Terms and Conditions.
- For more FAQs, click here.