Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?
Move Your CreateSpace Paperback to KDP (Beta)
Move your CreateSpace paperback to KDP and consolidate your paperback and eBook publishing on a single website. You'll receive combined royalty payments for the marketplaces where you sell your eBooks and paperbacks. You don't need to do anything extra. Your current account, payment, and tax information don't need updates.
KDP and CreateSpace feature comparison
|Distribution to Amazon.com (US)||Yes||Yes|
|Distribution to Europe (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it, and Amazon.es)||Yes||Yes|
|Distribution to Japan (Amazon.co.jp)||Yes||No|
|Order physical proof copies||Not yet||Yes|
|Order wholesale author copies||Not yet||Yes|
|Expanded distribution to bookstores and non-Amazon websites||Not yet||Yes|
|Professional Publishing Services||Not yet||Yes|
How to publish your CreateSpace paperback on KDP
- Set up a new paperback title on your KDP Bookshelf.
- On the Paperback Details page, enter the same metadata used for your CreateSpace book.
- Select "Yes" when asked whether this book was previously published on CreateSpace.
- Click "Save and Continue" to move on to the Paperback Content page.
- Under the ISBN header, enter the same 13-digit ISBN used to publish your book on CreateSpace. Do you have a 10-digit ISBN issued by CreateSpace? If so, use the ISBN converter to find your 13-digit ISBN equivalent.
- Click "Continue" to sign in to your CreateSpace account and validate your ownership of the title.
- Once you're redirected back to KDP, your book’s files and details should update automatically. Scroll through to see that your files and information have properly transferred over. You can launch the Previewer to review your book before publishing.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Paperback Content page and click “Save and Continue.”
- In the Paperback Rights & Pricing tab, you can enter the same price you used on CreateSpace.
- Now scroll to the bottom to submit your book for publishing.
Files made with CreateSpace templates
Did you use a CreateSpace template to format your cover or manuscript file? If so, you can in most cases reuse the same files to publish your CreateSpace paperback on KDP. See exceptions where you’ll need to edit your Cover files and Manuscript files below. Did you pay for a CreateSpace cover or interior service? If so, contact CreateSpace customer support to get your files.
If the Previewer tool finds errors in your uploaded files, correct the formatting and upload the files again. We've included troubleshooting tips below. Also see our Paperback Publishing Guidelines for detailed help with formatting errors.
Some older CreateSpace cover templates include white space around the edges that trigger errors in Previewer. If you used a CreateSpace template to create your cover, make sure it matches your book's intended trim size. Remove any extra white space. Learn more about KDP's cover size requirements.
KDP does not support custom CreateSpace trim sizes. If you used a CreateSpace interior template to create your manuscript file, make sure it's in a trim size KDP supports. If not, reset the trim size and reformat your manuscript file to match your new trim size.