Account & Taxes
- Set up your KDP account
- CreateSpace Account
- Year End Tax Forms
- What is my tax account status?
- Taking the Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a US ITIN
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
Format Your Paperback
- Set Trim Size, Bleed, and Margins
- Format Front Matter, Body Matter, and Back Matter
- Save Your Manuscript File
- Paperback and Hardcover Manuscript Templates
- Cover Creator
- Create a Paperback Cover
- Format Images in Your Book
- Paperback Fonts
- Fix Paperback and Hardcover Formatting Issues
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Format Your Hardcover
- Format Your eBook
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Publishing Service Providers & Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Format Your Paperback
- Start publishing with KDP
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Low-Content Books
- Kindle Vella
- Start a Book Series
Orders & Book Copies
Proof and Author Copies
- How do I order a proof or author copy?
- How much do proof or author copies cost?
- What is the cost to ship my proof or author copy?
- When will my proof or author copy arrive?
- I’m getting an error ordering my author copy
- I’m getting an error ordering my proof copy
- My proof or author copy came damaged
- My proof or author copy didn’t arrive on time
- My proof or author copy has printing errors
- Proof and Author Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- Ways to Promote Your Book
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- A+ Content
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
Payments & Reports
- KDP Reports
- Old Sales Reports
- KDP Payments
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
KDP Help Center Home
Find help where you need it. You can use the search bar above or navigate through topics, using the menu on the left.
News & recent updates
Here's what to know:
|.||Printing Costs will Change June 20, 2023, at 12:00 AM UTC|
While not required, you may want to update your list prices to continue earning the same royalties on your print books. You can run a one-time bulk list price update for all of your live paperback and hardcover books to keep your royalties the same. You will receive an email with more information in the coming days. Learn about printing cost changes.
|.||Improved KDP Community Experience|
As of May 9, the KDP Community has an updated look and feel with improved functionality and exciting new features. In addition to the KDP Support forum, we’ve also added a KDP Education forum where you can find helpful content from both KDP and KDP author ambassadors. Get support from KDP and fellow KDP authors by visiting the new and improved KDP Support Community and the KDP Education Community today!
|.||Improve Discoverability and Reach More Readers|
Over the next few months, we'll be sharing tips in the KDP Community and on our Facebook and Twitter social channels to help you reach readers in the Amazon Store. To learn more about categories, keywords, and KDP's Community resources, see our KDP Categories Help page. You can also go to the KDP Community to join the conversation and learn best practices from other authors.
Are you new?
Here are a few steps to get you started:
What is KDP?
Discover if KDP is the right publishing service for your book.
Format Your Book
Get your cover and manuscript ready for publication.
Create a Book on KDP
Use our walk-through guide for creating your first book.
Build a series on Amazon and edit the details as much as you want.
Get copies of your books and see how they look in real life.
Set up your payment method and troubleshoot any issues.
Optimize where your book is displayed on Amazon's store.
Learn how to update your book's metadata.
Have your paperback and eBook available on the same Amazon detail page.