Account & Taxes
- Create a KDP Account
- Manage Your KDP Account
- Sign in to Your KDP Account
- CreateSpace Account
- Tax Information Requirements
- Tax Forms
- Tax Account Status
- Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a U.S. TIN (Taxpayer ID Number)
- Tax ID Validation
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
Format Your Paperback
- Set Trim Size, Bleed, and Margins
- Format Front Matter, Body Matter, and Back Matter
- Save Your Manuscript File
- Paperback and Hardcover Manuscript Templates
- Cover Creator
- Create a Paperback Cover
- Format Images in Your Book
- Paperback Fonts
- Fix Paperback and Hardcover Formatting Issues
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Format Your Hardcover
- Format Your eBook
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Publishing Service Providers & Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Format Your Paperback
- What is KDP?
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Kindle Vella
- Create a Series
- Orders & Book Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- Ways to Promote Your Book
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- A+ Content
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
- Payments & Reports
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
KDP Help Center Home
Find help where you need it. You can use the search bar above or navigate through topics, using the menu on the left.
News & recent updates
Here's what to know:
|.||Important tax information|
Tax forms will be available on or before January 31 for U.S. publishers, and March 15 for non-U.S. publishers. To download your tax forms, follow the instructions in our Help article. If you've elected for paper delivery, please allow up to 2 weeks for mailing.
|.||Japanese is now available as a language option for print books|
You can now select Japanese as a language when publishing paperback books. This allows you to reach more readers who are looking for books in Japanese. Learn more
|.||Publish in Hardcover to give your readers more choices|
For books with 75–550 pages in select trim sizes, we now offer hardcover publishing. To format your cover with custom templates sized to your book’s specifications, you can try our new cover calculator and template generator. Learn more
Are you new?
Here are a few steps to get you started:
What is KDP?
Discover if KDP is the right publishing service for your book.
Format Your Book
Get your cover and manuscript ready for publication.
Create a Book on KDP
Use our walk-through guide for creating your first book.
Build a series on Amazon and edit the details as much as you want.
Get copies of your books and see how they look in real life.
Set up your payment method and troubleshoot any issues.
Optimize where your book is displayed on Amazon's store.
Learn how to update your book's metadata.
Have your paperback and eBook available on the same Amazon detail page.