Account & Taxes
- Create a KDP Account
- Manage Your KDP Account
- Sign in to Your KDP Account
- CreateSpace Account
- Year End Tax Forms
- What is my tax account status?
- Taking the Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a US ITIN
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
Format Your Paperback
- Set Trim Size, Bleed, and Margins
- Format Front Matter, Body Matter, and Back Matter
- Save Your Manuscript File
- Paperback and Hardcover Manuscript Templates
- Cover Creator
- Create a Paperback Cover
- Format Images in Your Book
- Paperback Fonts
- Fix Paperback and Hardcover Formatting Issues
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Format Your Hardcover
- Format Your eBook
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Publishing Service Providers & Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Format Your Paperback
- What is KDP?
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Low-Content Books
- Kindle Vella
- Start a Book Series
Orders & Book Copies
Proof and Author Copies
- How do I order a proof or author copy?
- How much do proof or author copies cost?
- What is the cost to ship my proof or author copy?
- When will my proof or author copy arrive?
- I’m getting an error ordering my author copy
- I’m getting an error ordering my proof copy
- My proof or author copy came damaged
- My proof or author copy didn’t arrive on time
- My proof or author copy has printing errors
- Proof and Author Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- Ways to Promote Your Book
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- A+ Content
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
Payments & Reports
- KDP Reports
- Old Sales Reports
- KDP Payments
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
Enter Age and Grade Ranges
- Choosing an age range will improve the discoverability of books in the Juvenile book categories on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.
- Choosing a grade range will improve the discoverability of books in the Juvenile and Education book categories on Amazon.com. The grades are based on U.S. grade levels.
Best Practice Tips: Narrow age ranges work best. Limit your age ranges and grade levels to a span of 3-4 years to make sure the most appropriate customers see your books. Here are the target age ranges and grade levels for books on Amazon.com:
|Age / Grade Level|
Suitable books (recommended)
Age 0-2 /
Age 3-5 /
Age 6-8 /
Early-level readers, first chapter books
Age 9-12 /
Middle-grade chapter books
Age 13-17 /
Teen and young adult chapter books
Age and grade levels can be entered for your Kindle eBook through your title setup. To update the age and grade range:
- Go to your Bookshelf.
- Find the Kindle eBook you’d like to update.
- Click the ellipsis button (“…”) and select Edit eBook Details.
- Scroll to the Age and Grade Range section and select the appropriate age and/or grade range for your title.
- Click Save and Continue until you reach the Pricing page.
- At the bottom of the Pricing page, click Publish.
Updates may take up to 48 hours to reflect on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.
**Note** To request changes to age and grade ranges for paperback and hardcover books, contact us.