Account & Taxes
- Create a KDP Account
- Manage Your KDP Account
- Sign in to Your KDP Account
- CreateSpace Account
- Year End Tax Forms
- What is my tax account status?
- Taking the Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a U.S. TIN (Taxpayer ID Number)
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
Format Your Paperback
- Set Trim Size, Bleed, and Margins
- Format Front Matter, Body Matter, and Back Matter
- Save Your Manuscript File
- Paperback and Hardcover Manuscript Templates
- Cover Creator
- Create a Paperback Cover
- Format Images in Your Book
- Paperback Fonts
- Fix Paperback and Hardcover Formatting Issues
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Format Your Hardcover
- Format Your eBook
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Publishing Service Providers & Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Format Your Paperback
- What is KDP?
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Low-Content Books
- Kindle Vella
- Start a Book Series
- Orders & Book Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- Ways to Promote Your Book
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- A+ Content
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
Payments & Reports
- KDP Reports
- Old Sales Reports
- KDP Payments
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
We've moved all CreateSpace books to KDP. To continue working on your books, visit this page and follow the steps to access your books on KDP.
Where are my books?We moved your CreateSpace books and account details to KDP. To access your CreateSpace books:
- Go to CreateSpace.
- Enter your CreateSpace email address and click Submit.
- This will send an email with a link to your CreateSpace account email address within 3 hours.
- Follow the link in the email.
- Sign in to KDP to link your KDP account, or create a new account.
- Confirm you've selected the correct KDP account and click Take me to my books.
- When we are done preparing your account, you’ll be sent to your KDP Bookshelf.
Which email do I use on KDP to access my books?
If you have a KDP account, sign in to that account. If you are new to KDP and don’t have a KDP account, you can create one. You do not need to set up a new KDP account with your CreateSpace login if you already have a KDP account.
How do I access my historical CreateSpace reports on KDP?After your CreateSpace books move to KDP, your sales will be tracked in your KDP reports.
You can also access your historical CreateSpace report data in your KDP reports after the move is complete:
- Go to your reports
- If your sales are within the last 90 days, go to the Sales Dashboard tab. The default is set to 30 days, so adjust it to see the 90-day timeframe
- If your sales are older than 90 days, go to the Historical tab
- For both reports:
- Choose the "All Marketplace" drop-down to filter by marketplace.
- Choose the "Life to Date" drop-down to see all sales or choose the timeframe
What if I had a book in process on CreateSpace?When we moved your books from CreateSpace to KDP, your incomplete book information moved along with your account details and available books. There are some differences between book statuses on CreateSpace and KDP:
|CreateSpace status||KDP status after moving|
Differences between CreateSpace and KDPOverall, the self-publishing process on CreateSpace and KDP is the same. Just as you did on CreateSpace, you'll create covers, format interior files, choose print and distribution options, and buy copies on KDP. There are minor differences between the two sites, which we've included in this table:
CreateSpace paid royalties every month, approximately 30 days after the end of the month in which they were earned. KDP pays royalties every month, approximately 60 days after the end of the month in which they were earned. Example: for royalties earned in November, you'll be paid in January. This applies as long as the royalties meet the minimum threshold. Expanded Distribution royalties are paid 60 days after the end of the month in which our distributors report their sales.
|Ordering author copies||When ordering copies of your book on KDP, your order is placed through the Amazon cart and uses Amazon order tracking. Also, copies for the U.K. and the rest of Europe are manufactured and shipped from within Europe. To order copies on KDP, your book must be available on Amazon. Learn more about Author Copies.
KDP supports books with content and details written in these languages. Published books in unsupported languages from CreateSpace continue to be available for sale on Amazon. It isn't possible to update or publish new books in unsupported languages. If your unsupported language book moved to KDP in a draft stage, you will need to publish it in a supported language. That said, we continue to evaluate which features and services we offer in the future, including supported languages.
We moved your CreateSpace files and can print your book using your existing Cover Creator cover. If you want to update your cover after the move to KDP, you're welcome to design a new one using KDP's Cover Creator. You can also use our templates.
On CreateSpace, it wasn't required to make your book available on Amazon to enable Expanded Distribution. On KDP, it's required. CreateSpace books that aren't available for sale on Amazon.com are no longer enrolled in Expanded Distribution.
To re-enroll in Expanded Distribution, make your books available for sale on Amazon.com by publishing and enabling Expanded Distribution through the KDP Bookshelf. It can take six to eight weeks for your book to become available again in Expanded Distribution channels. Learn more about Expanded Distribution.
|Author bio||The author bio you entered on CreateSpace continues to display on your book's detail page. You can manage your bio on Author Central. Don't have an Author Central account?
On KDP, some low-page count books being printed in Europe (color books less than 30 pages and black-and-white books under 110 pages) will see an increase in printing costs. This affects a small number of titles. Use this calculator to determine printing costs.
|Content and quality review||
On KDP, if you update your book details (e.g., title, description, categories), manuscript and cover files, or publishing and territory rights, we'll review the updated version to ensure it meets our guidelines for book details, content, and quality.
Is anything changing about my agreement with CreateSpace?As of December 18, 2018, CreateSpace and KDP became one service. As of March 30, 2020, we have modified the CreateSpace Member Agreement to replace it in its entirety with the KDP Terms and Conditions. You should carefully review the KDP Terms and Conditions in their entirety to ensure you understand fully all terms.
Back to top