Account & Taxes
- Set up your KDP account
- CreateSpace Account
- Year End Tax Forms
- What is my tax account status?
- Taking the Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a US ITIN
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
Format Your Paperback
- Set Trim Size, Bleed, and Margins
- Format Front Matter, Body Matter, and Back Matter
- Save Your Manuscript File
- Paperback and Hardcover Manuscript Templates
- Cover Creator
- Create a Paperback Cover
- Format Images in Your Book
- Paperback Fonts
- Fix Paperback and Hardcover Formatting Issues
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Format Your Hardcover
- Format Your eBook
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Publishing Service Providers & Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Format Your Paperback
- Start publishing with KDP
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Low-Content Books
- Kindle Vella
- Start a Book Series
Orders & Book Copies
Proof and Author Copies
- How do I order a proof or author copy?
- How much do proof or author copies cost?
- What is the cost to ship my proof or author copy?
- When will my proof or author copy arrive?
- I’m getting an error ordering my author copy
- I’m getting an error ordering my proof copy
- My proof or author copy came damaged
- My proof or author copy didn’t arrive on time
- My proof or author copy has printing errors
- Proof and Author Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- Ways to Promote Your Book
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- A+ Content
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
Payments & Reports
- KDP Reports
- Old Sales Reports
- KDP Payments
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
Your Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) Bookshelf is the hub of your KDP account. You can navigate your account, view and organize your existing titles, and create a new book or series. From your KDP Bookshelf, you can update existing book details like the description, cover image, and list price. If you would like to remove a previously published title from Amazon, you can unpublish it from your Bookshelf. If your book was never published, you will have the option to delete it.
Bookshelf view options
Your KDP Bookshelf includes four different views of your titles:
- Your titles is your default view and does not include archived titles.
- Series titles only shows titles you included in a series, and does not include archived titles.
- Archived titles shows titles you archived.
- All titles shows all of your titles.
View title details
Use your KDP Bookshelf to check your book’s status and view the following details:
- ASIN and ISBN
- List price of your title
- View your book in the Amazon store for each marketplace that it’s available
- Order Author copies of your published titles
Organize your titles
The archive feature allows you to hide titles from your default Bookshelf view without changing its status or availability on Amazon. To archive a title:
- Go to your Bookshelf.
- Next to the book you want to archive, click the ellipsis button (“…”).
- Choose Archive title from the menu.
- Click Archive to confirm.
You can return archived titles to your default Bookshelf view by clicking Unarchive title from the same ellipsis button (“...”). For linked titles, you will only need to select Archive title for one format to archive all linked title formats.
More helpful resources
For more specific information on creating a series, creating a new book, and knowing your book’s status, check out the links below:
CREATE A SERIES
Create, publish, and update Amazon series detail pages automatically through KDP. Learn more
CREATE A BOOK
KDP’s book setup makes it easy for you to upload, enter, and modify your book before publishing. Learn more
From the KDP Bookshelf, you can view the status of your book in the publishing cycle.