Account & Taxes
- Set up your KDP account
- CreateSpace Account
- Year End Tax Forms
- What is my tax account status?
- Taking the Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a US ITIN
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
Format Your Paperback
- Set Trim Size, Bleed, and Margins
- Format Front Matter, Body Matter, and Back Matter
- Save Your Manuscript File
- Paperback and Hardcover Manuscript Templates
- Cover Creator
- Create a Paperback Cover
- Format Images in Your Book
- Paperback Fonts
- Fix Paperback and Hardcover Formatting Issues
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Format Your Hardcover
- Format Your eBook
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Publishing Service Providers & Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Format Your Paperback
- Start publishing with KDP
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Low-Content Books
- Kindle Vella
- Start a Book Series
Orders & Book Copies
Proof and Author Copies
- How do I order a proof or author copy?
- How much do proof or author copies cost?
- What is the cost to ship my proof or author copy?
- When will my proof or author copy arrive?
- I’m getting an error ordering my author copy
- I’m getting an error ordering my proof copy
- My proof or author copy came damaged
- My proof or author copy didn’t arrive on time
- My proof or author copy has printing errors
- Proof and Author Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- Ways to Promote Your Book
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- A+ Content
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
Payments & Reports
- KDP Reports
- Old Sales Reports
- KDP Payments
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
Quality Notifications Dashboard
To make it easier to manage and fix open quality items in your eBooks, we've created the Quality Notifications Dashboard. To learn about the quality items we see most frequently, see the Guide to Kindle Content Quality.
Video: Quality Notifications Dashboard (no audio)
Video: Exporting quality notifications to Excel
To export your quality items to Excel:
How it works
Go to the Quality Notifications DashboardIf we find an item that will improve the quality in your eBook or a customer reports one, we'll send you an email directing you to the Quality Notifications Dashboard, where you'll get a detailed view of each individual item. (You can also access the Dashboard through the banner on your Bookshelf.) The Dashboard lets you filter by attributes like:
Review itemsOn titles with quality notifications, you'll see each notification type (e.g., issue, update, recommendation), the category (e.g., image quality, typo, formatting), as well as notes and suggested updates (e.g., image is blurry, change "ad" to "and").
Make correctionsAfter you've reviewed the items, you tell us if you're going to fix them or if they're not an issue by clicking one of five buttons: 1) I will fix, 2) Not an issue, 3) Cannot fix, 4) Appeal (updates), or 5) Decline (recommendations). You don't have to fix all items at once. You can fix one, a few, or all in one session. It's up to you. If you are responding to multiple similar items and would like to add the same response, you can activate the batch actions menu by clicking the checkbox in the upper-left corner of the item.
Not sure which button to click? Some examples:
Upload revised filesAfter you click I will fix and Submit your response, fix the issues within your files and upload your revised files for review:
Learn about making changes to your book details.
Track review statusTo track review status, you can filter by tabs that correspond to the review steps:
Note: If we review your response and find an item still needs to be corrected because it is still present in your latest file or it violates our quality guidelines, we will label it Reopened and return it to the Review tab. Until all issues are resolved, you'll receive an email a month pointing you to the Dashboard.
Export notifications to Excel
To export your quality items to Excel:
- Go to the Quality Notifications Dashboard.
- Click Export all items or Export current view if you are using filters. .
- Enter a name for your report. The report will be ready in 2–5 minutes.
- Click Go to Export History.
- Click the Download button next to the report.