Account & Taxes
- Create a KDP Account
- Manage Your KDP Account
- Sign in to Your KDP Account
- CreateSpace Account
- Year End Tax Forms
- What is my tax account status?
- Taking the Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a US ITIN
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
Format Your Paperback
- Set Trim Size, Bleed, and Margins
- Format Front Matter, Body Matter, and Back Matter
- Save Your Manuscript File
- Paperback and Hardcover Manuscript Templates
- Cover Creator
- Create a Paperback Cover
- Format Images in Your Book
- Paperback Fonts
- Fix Paperback and Hardcover Formatting Issues
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Format Your Hardcover
- Format Your eBook
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Publishing Service Providers & Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Format Your Paperback
- What is KDP?
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Low-Content Books
- Kindle Vella
- Start a Book Series
Orders & Book Copies
Proof and Author Copies
- How do I order a proof or author copy?
- How much do proof or author copies cost?
- What is the cost to ship my proof or author copy?
- When will my proof or author copy arrive?
- I’m getting an error ordering my author copy
- I’m getting an error ordering my proof copy
- My proof or author copy came damaged
- My proof or author copy didn’t arrive on time
- My proof or author copy has printing errors
- Proof and Author Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- Ways to Promote Your Book
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- A+ Content
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
Payments & Reports
- KDP Reports
- Old Sales Reports
- KDP Payments
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
Authors & Contributors
When entering the author name, be mindful of spelling and accuracy as this field cannot be changed once your book is published. This applies to paperbacks, hardcover, and eBooks. Author name is one of the most common ways customers will search for your books, so it’s important to ensure it's consistent with other books associated with the author. Additionally, several Amazon features (e.g., Author Pages, Series Pages, format linking) rely on a consistent author name.
Paperback, Hardcover and eBook Differences
The paperback or hardcover book setup allows you to enter a middle name/initial, prefix, and/or suffix to your author name. The eBook setup does not. If you need to add a middle name/initial, prefix, or suffix to your eBook, please contact us and we can add that for you. Again, it’s important to remain consistent with your author name across all books that you publish.
Can I use pen names to publish my book?
You can use a pen name or pseudonym to publish your titles. After you publish, we may ask for a copy of the rights to your book.
When using a pen name your real name stays anonymous and is not published anywhere on our website.If you use a pen name, make sure to enter your real name under your KDP account information so we can issue your payments and tax forms correctly.
Can my book have multiple authors?
If you have more than one author, you can list them in the Contributors section. Just select “Author” from the dropdown of contributor type options. The name listed in the Author section will be the first to show on the detail page. After that, the order of contributors will be listed as they are on your book setup page.
For eBooks, you’re able to include 10 contributors when setting up your title, but you can contact us to add more contributors. Mobile devices will only show 5 contributors for eBooks
For paperbacks, you are able to include up to 10 contributors, we are unable to include additional contributors. Mobile devices will only show 3 contributors for paperbacks.
What are Author Pages?
An Author page allows you have all of your work on one page and gives you the opportunity to introduce yourself to your readers. It helps them get to know you and makes it easy for them to find all of your books in a single place. An Author Page does not come standard with use of KDP and you will need to register for an Author Central account to have one.
Check out these examples of Author Pages: William Shakespeare, Delia Smith, Stephenie Meyer. Now view a page for one of their books. See how you can enrich your detail page by adding a bio and editorial reviews through your Author Page? On the Author Page, we display essential information like bibliographies, biographies, author photos, and feeds to blog posts. Your book needs to be published before you can create your Author Page, but you can begin preparing for this now.To learn more about how to create an author page, visit our Author Central page.
Can I update my book’s author or contributor’s field?
Once your book is published, you won’t be able to change your book’s primary author field. You can create a new edition with the updated author name. Check out our help page to learn more about new editions.
You are able to update your book’s contributors after publishing. To learn how to update your book’s contributors,visit this help page.