Account & Taxes
- Set up your KDP account
- CreateSpace Account
- Year End Tax Forms
- What is my tax account status?
- Taking the Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a US ITIN
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
Format Your Paperback
- Set Trim Size, Bleed, and Margins
- Format Front Matter, Body Matter, and Back Matter
- Save Your Manuscript File
- Paperback and Hardcover Manuscript Templates
- Cover Creator
- Create a Paperback Cover
- Format Images in Your Book
- Paperback Fonts
- Fix Paperback and Hardcover Formatting Issues
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Format Your Hardcover
- Format Your eBook
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Publishing Service Providers & Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Format Your Paperback
- Start publishing with KDP
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Release Date Options
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Low-Content Books
- Kindle Vella
- Start a Book Series
Orders & Book Copies
Proof and Author Copies
- How do I order a proof or author copy?
- How much do proof or author copies cost?
- What is the cost to ship my proof or author copy?
- When will my proof or author copy arrive?
- I’m getting an error ordering my author copy
- I’m getting an error ordering my proof copy
- My proof or author copy came damaged
- My proof or author copy didn’t arrive on time
- My proof or author copy has printing errors
- Proof and Author Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- Ways to Promote Your Book
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- A+ Content
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
Payments & Reports
- KDP Reports
- Old Sales Reports
- KDP Payments
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
When will my proof or author copy arrive?
Delivery estimatesOur manufacturing and delivery estimates are based on the quantity ordered and selected delivery speed. Actual manufacturing times fluctuate according to total order volume. There may be times that your order is manufactured faster than expected, but faster delivery isn't guaranteed. We recommend noting the delivery date you're given when placing the order. This date takes manufacturing time into consideration, and can change depending on the demand.
The delivery estimate is displayed on the last page at checkout, just before you click Place your order.
Note: If no delivery estimate is given at checkout, this means we need additional time to manufacture and prepare your order for shipment. Once we’re able to provide a delivery estimate, you’ll be notified via email and your order status will be updated.
While you may be able to select a faster shipping speed for your order, we’re not able to expedite the process to manufacture your order.
Check order status and track your packageIf you’ve placed an order and want to know when it will arrive, you can track the status of your order by visiting the Your Account page of the Amazon marketplace where you placed your order. For example, if you ordered from Amazon.com, you’ll go to Amazon.com and follow the steps below:
- Visit the Amazon site where you placed the order (e.g., Amazon.com, Amazon.fr, etc)
- From Your Account, click the Your Orders button to access your order history.
- Locate the order you wish to track, and click the Track Package button. If there is no Track Package button, your order has not yet shipped, however you will still see a delivery estimate, or Arriving date, on the order.
Missing tracking informationTracking information won’t be available for an order before the order has been marked as Shipped.
In some cases, no tracking information will be generated for an order. If you don’t see tracking information for an order that has already shipped, this isn’t an indication that your order won’t arrive on time. If your order hasn’t arrived, and the delivery estimate has passed, visit My proof or author copy didn’t arrive on time.
For further details, visit the link below for the Amazon site where you placed your order: