Account & Taxes
- Set up your KDP account
- CreateSpace Account
- Year End Tax Forms
- What is my tax account status?
- Taking the Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a US ITIN
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
Format Your Paperback
- Set Trim Size, Bleed, and Margins
- Format Front Matter, Body Matter, and Back Matter
- Save Your Manuscript File
- Paperback and Hardcover Manuscript Templates
- Cover Creator
- Create a Paperback Cover
- Format Images in Your Book
- Paperback Fonts
- Fix Paperback and Hardcover Formatting Issues
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Format Your Hardcover
- Format Your eBook
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Publishing Service Providers & Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Format Your Paperback
- Start publishing with KDP
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Release Date Options
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Low-Content Books
- Kindle Vella
- Start a Book Series
Orders & Book Copies
Proof and Author Copies
- How do I order a proof or author copy?
- How much do proof or author copies cost?
- What is the cost to ship my proof or author copy?
- When will my proof or author copy arrive?
- I’m getting an error ordering my author copy
- I’m getting an error ordering my proof copy
- My proof or author copy came damaged
- My proof or author copy didn’t arrive on time
- My proof or author copy has printing errors
- Proof and Author Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- Ways to Promote Your Book
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- A+ Content
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
Payments & Reports
- KDP Reports
- Old Sales Reports
- KDP Payments
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
Sign in Issues
- Access your account
- Sign-in issues
- My Bookshelf is empty
- Browser errors
- Two-Step Verification Issues
Access your account
- Sign in to KDP
- Click Your Account at the top of the page
- Follow the instructions for two-step verification
- Once you’ve successfully passed two-step verification, your account page will open.
Moved from CreateSpace? Learn which email to use on KDP to access your books.
Below are some of the most common causes of sign in issues:
- Email Address: Your email address must be in the format firstname.lastname@example.org (or .net, .org, etc.). If you have more than one email address, make sure you're using the correct email address and password combination.
- Mobile Phone Number: If you created your account with a mobile phone number, you'll need to use your mobile phone number to log into your account. Make sure that you're including your country code in your mobile phone number.
- Password: Check CAPS Lock and NUM Lock on your keyboard. Passwords are case sensitive, so "PASSWORD" and "Password" are recognized as two different passwords. If you're sure you're using the correct email address or mobile phone number, try our Password Reset page, if you haven’t received an email from Amazon, check your Junk or Spam folder.
- Multiple Accounts Sometimes multiple accounts are created if you visit Amazon and accidentally indicate that you're a new customer when you sign in. This creates another account with the same email address and a different password. To fix this, sign out of the current account and then sign back in again with the email and password associated with your KDP account.
My Bookshelf is empty
This may occur due to multiple accounts accidentally created when you sign in, or when using an email address unrelated to your KDP account.
To fix this, sign out of the current account and then sign back in again with the email and password associated with your KDP account. We recommend clearing any saved passwords from your browser before signing in again.
If you don’t remember your password, click Forgot your password?
You may see a variety of web error messages when accessing web pages. These error messages are delivered to your browser whenever an error occurs while loading a requested page. Error 404 Not Found.
You may see this error message in multiple scenarios:
- When trying to access a page that doesn’t or no longer exists.
- When signing-in in to your KDP account, this error message means your account is closed. The best option to help you is to reply to the email message sent to you regarding the status of your account.
This error message means there is a technical problem with the web server, indicating the KDP website may be down for maintenance or is overloaded by excessive users at one time. Many times, this error is temporary and you can check back again after 10-15 minutes.
Two-Step Verification Issues
Having sign-in issue with two-step verification? Visit Two-Step Verification.
Still having sing-in issues? Contact Us. If you need help with settings in your Amazon customer account, contact Amazon Customer Service.