Account & Taxes
- Set up your KDP account
- CreateSpace Account
- Year End Tax Forms
- What is my tax account status?
- Taking the Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a US ITIN
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
Format Your Paperback
- Set Trim Size, Bleed, and Margins
- Format Front Matter, Body Matter, and Back Matter
- Save Your Manuscript File
- Paperback and Hardcover Manuscript Templates
- Cover Creator
- Create a Paperback Cover
- Format Images in Your Book
- Paperback Fonts
- Fix Paperback and Hardcover Formatting Issues
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Format Your Hardcover
- Format Your eBook
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Publishing Service Providers & Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Format Your Paperback
- Start publishing with KDP
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Release Date Options
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Low-Content Books
- Kindle Vella
- Start a Book Series
Orders & Book Copies
Proof and Author Copies
- How do I order a proof or author copy?
- How much do proof or author copies cost?
- What is the cost to ship my proof or author copy?
- When will my proof or author copy arrive?
- I’m getting an error ordering my author copy
- I’m getting an error ordering my proof copy
- My proof or author copy came damaged
- My proof or author copy didn’t arrive on time
- My proof or author copy has printing errors
- Proof and Author Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- Ways to Promote Your Book
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- A+ Content
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
Payments & Reports
- KDP Reports
- Old Sales Reports
- KDP Payments
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
Kindle Unlimited (KU) is a subscription program where customers can read Kindle eBooks and keep them as long as they want, for a monthly subscription fee. Customers don’t have to be Amazon Prime members to enroll in Kindle Unlimited (KU). When you enroll in KDP Select, your Kindle eBook is automatically included in Kindle Unlimited (KU). Your Kindle eBook will still be available for customers to buy, and you'll continue to earn royalties from those sales.
To be included in Kindle Unlimited (KU), you must meet the KDP Select requirements and enroll your Kindle eBook in KDP Select. If you don’t want your Kindle eBook in Kindle Unlimited (KU), you have the option to remove it from KDP Select.
How readers find Kindle Unlimited books
When customers subscribe to Kindle Unlimited (KU), they'll see a badge next to your enrolled Kindle eBook indicating it is available in Kindle Unlimited (KU). They can also visit Amazon's Kindle Unlimited (KU) page to see Kindle eBooks that are available.
You'll receive a share of the KDP Select Global Fund as individual customers read pages of your Kindle eBook for the first time.
In France, Kindle Unlimited (KU) is now called "Abonnement Kindle." Abonnement Kindle subscribers residing in France get reading credits when paying their subscription. These credits are "mutualized" among all subscribers residing in France. This allows all subscribers living in France to read a large number of Kindle eBooks included in their subscription.
In the context, authors established in France have to set a price per reading unit (on KDP, per page read) for their Kindle eBook that is included in "Abonnement Kindle." You can enter this price in your KDP account. KDP authors not established in France don’t need to set a price per page for their Kindle eBooks included in our Kindle eBook subscription programs.
The royalties of KDP authors based in France don’t vary based on the price per page that is set. KDP authors established in France are paid a share of the KDP Select Global Fund, as are all KDP authors.To set a per-page price:
- to your Bookshelf.
- Next to the Kindle eBook enrolled in KDP Select, click the ellipsis button ("...") under the Kindle eBook Actions menu.
- Select KDP Select Info.
- Enter your price information in the window that appears.
Please sign in to continueSign In