Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?
- Why aren't my book reviews showing up?
- I would like to remove a customer review from my book.
- How are product's star rating calculated?
- Can I share customer reviews across marketplaces?
- Can I transfer customer reviews from a previous version of my book to a new version?
- Do you remove reviews about earlier versions of updated books?
- Can I give free discounted copies of my books to readers?
Why aren't my book reviews showing up?
Below are some of the most common causes of missing reviews:
- The review conflicted with Community Guidelines. This includes reviews which were posted as promotional content.
- The review was removed by the customer who submitted the review.
- The review was linked to an unrelated product.
I would like to remove a customer review from my book
Do you believe a review violates our Community Guidelines? If so, you can notify our moderation team by clicking Report Abuse at the end of the review. The Amazon Community team will investigate, but will not respond to you.
If you need further assistance, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How are product's star rating calculated?
Amazon calculates a book or product’s star rating using a machine-learned model instead of a raw data average. The machine-learned model considers several factors including the age of a review, helpfulness votes by customers and whether the reviews are from verified purchases. Learn more: Product Star Rating.
Can I share customer reviews across marketplaces?
Customer reviews posted on detail pages for Amazon.com titles cannot be transferred to detail pages for international Amazon marketplaces such as Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.es, or Amazon.it, and vice-versa.
Can I transfer customer reviews from a previous version of my book to a new version?
To share customer reviews between different book versions, the new version of your book metadata information must match the previous version of your book. Visit Link Your Books Together for more details about books linking.
Do you remove reviews about earlier versions of updated books?
If you update your book content, customers may call attention to aspects of the book that you've changed in their review. This may make content in earlier reviews irrelevant. However, we won't remove the reviews if they don't violate our Community Guidelines. Learn how to update your book and notify customers of the updates
Can I give free discounted copies of my books to readers?
You may provide free or discounted copies of your books to readers, as long as you do not require a review in exchange or attempt to influence the review. Offering anything other than a free or discounted copy of the book—including gift cards—will invalidate a review, and the Amazon Community team will remove it. To learn more, see Community Guidelines.