Account & Taxes
- Create a KDP Account
- Manage Your KDP Account
- Sign in to Your KDP Account
- CreateSpace Account
- Tax Information Requirements
- Tax Forms
- Tax Account Status
- Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a U.S. TIN (Taxpayer ID Number)
- Tax ID Validation
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
- Format Your Paperback
Format Your eBook
- eBook Manuscript Formatting Guide
- eBook File Formatting Tips
- Supported eBook Formats
- eBook Conversion Formats
- Create a Table of Contents
- Format Images in Your eBook
- Character Encoding
- Create Links to Footnotes
- Reduce Your eBook Manuscript File Size
- Create an eBook Cover
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- What is KDP?
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Kindle Vella
- Create a Series
- Orders & Book Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
- Payments & Reports
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
Send Updated eBook Content to Customers
You can change your eBook at any time and republish the updated version. Customers who bought your eBook before you changed it keep the original version. If you corrected serious errors in your eBook and want us to send them the latest version, please contact us. You need to provide us detailed examples of your improvements regarding the quality errors.
Before you contact us
- We only send customers updates to serious quality issues. Sending customers updated content may erase notes or highlights they entered, so the improvements must outweigh the disadvantages. We won't accept your request if you:
- Added, deleted, or changed words, sentences, pages, chapters, or images that are not related to quality issues.
- Changed a character's name or your eBook's plot.
- Added, deleted, or changed links or marketing information
- Made significant changes that warrant a new edition.
- Check your entire eBook. Make sure you've corrected all errors.
- Gather all the information we need. You need to send us the ASIN, detailed examples of the corrections you made, and the Kindle location number. Location numbers are the digital equivalent of physical page numbers and provide a way to easily reference a place in your reading material regardless of font size.
What happens nextAfter we receive your request, we'll review the changes within 7 business days to ensure the issues have been corrected. Then we'll take one of these actions:
- Corrections to destructive or critical errors. If we find major corrections, we'll email the customers who already own your book. These customers have the option to use the "Manage Your Content and Devices" page on Amazon.com to receive your book updates.
- Corrections to distracting errors. If we find only minor corrections, we won't notify customers by email, but we'll activate their ability to update the content through the “Manage Your Content and Devices” page on Amazon.com.
- Corrections to critical errors needed. If we find that more major corrections are needed, we'll temporarily remove your eBook from sale. We'll notify you of the issues we found so you can fix them. Once the improvements are made, let us know and we'll email customers just like we do for major corrections.
Did you buy a copy of your eBook and want to see updates?
You should get automatic updates if 1) your device is connected to wireless internet (Wi-Fi), and 2) you turn on automatic book updates. Automatic updates will only happen when we enable customers to receive the updated version of your eBook through “Manage Your Content and Devices” in the Amazon page. To turn on automatic book updates:
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Click the Preferences tab.
- Scroll to Automatic Book Update.
- Choose On.