Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?
Send Updated eBook Content to Customers
You can change your eBook at any time and republish the updated version. Customers who bought your eBook before you changed it keep the original version. If you corrected serious errors in your eBook and want us to notify customers of your updates and send them the latest version, you need to contact us.
Before you contact us
- We only send customers updates to serious quality issues. Sending customers updated content may erase notes or highlights they entered, so the improvements must outweigh the disadvantages. We won't accept your request if you:
- Added, deleted, or changed words, sentences, pages, chapters, or images.
- Changed a character's name or your eBook's plot.
- Added, deleted, or changed links or marketing information
- Made significant changes that warrant a new edition.
- Check your entire eBook. Make sure you've corrected all errors.
- Gather all the information we need. You need to send us the ASIN, detailed examples of the corrections you made, and the Kindle location number. Location numbers are the digital equivalent of physical page numbers and provide a way to easily reference a place in your reading material regardless of font size.
What happens nextAfter we receive your request, we'll review the changes within 7 business days to ensure the issues have been corrected. Then we'll take one of these actions:
- Corrections to destructive or critical errors. If we find major corrections, we'll email the customers who already own your book. These customers have the option to use the "Manage Your Content and Devices" page on Amazon.com to receive your book updates.
- Corrections to distracting errors. If we find only minor corrections, we won't notify customers by email, but we'll activate their ability to update the content through the “Manage Your Content and Devices” page on Amazon.com.
- Corrections to critical errors needed. If we find that more major corrections are needed, we'll temporarily remove your eBook from sale. We'll notify you of the issues we found so you can fix them. Once the improvements are made, let us know and we'll email customers just like we do for major corrections.
Did you buy a copy of your eBook and want to see updates?You should get automatic updates if 1) your device is connected to wireless internet (Wi-Fi), and 2) you turn on automatic book updates. To turn on automatic book updates:
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Click the Preferences tab.
- Scroll to Automatic Book Update.
- Choose On.