Before you contact us
- Check your Book status. Make sure the updates you submitted are published, and the book’s status is Live.
- We only send customers updates to serious quality issues. Sending customers updated content may erase notes or highlights they entered, so the improvements must outweigh the disadvantages. We won't accept your request if you:
- Added, deleted, or changed words, sentences, pages, chapters, or images that are not related to quality issues.
- Changed a character's name or your eBook's plot.
- Added, deleted, or changed links or marketing information
- Made significant changes that warrant a new edition.
- Check your entire eBook. Make sure you've corrected all errors.
- Gather all the information we need. You need to send us the ASIN, detailed examples of the corrections you made, and the Kindle location number. Location numbers are the digital equivalent of physical page numbers and provide a way to easily reference a place in your reading material regardless of font size.
After you contact us
After we receive your request, we'll review the changes within 7 business days to ensure the issues have been corrected. Then we'll take one of these actions:
- Corrections to destructive or critical errors. If we find major corrections, we'll email the customers who already own your book. These customers have the option to use the "Manage Your Content and Devices" page on the Amazon page to receive your book updates.
- Corrections to distracting errors. If we find only minor corrections, we won't notify customers by email, but we'll activate their ability to update the content through the “Manage Your Content and Devices” page on Amazon.
- Corrections to errors needed. If we find that more corrections are needed, we'll notify you of the issues, so you can fix them. Once the improvements are made, we'll enable customers to receive the updated version of your eBook.
I bought a copy of my book. The updated version was not sent to me even after Amazon activated the ability to update it.
You should get automatic updates if 1) your device is connected to wireless internet (Wi-Fi), and 2) you turn on automatic book updates. Automatic updates will only happen when we enable customers to receive the updated version of your eBook. To turn on automatic book updates:
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Click the Preferences tab.
- Scroll to Automatic Book Update.
- Choose On.