Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?
You can publish eBooks on Kindle devices and apps in Hindi (हिंदी), Tamil(தமிழ்) , Malayalam (മലയാളം), Marathi (मराठी), and Gujarati (ગુજારી). For guidance on registering and publishing on KDP, check out the videos below. When preparing manuscript files for eBooks written in these languages, review our guidelines.
What you should know
- Paperback publishing for Indian languages is not available at this time. Learn more about the languages we support.
- We recommend using English for the book details (e.g., title, author name) you enter when setting up your title. KDP accepts Indian languages, but they may not display correctly on all Amazon and Kindle websites, apps, and emails.
- KDP currently accepts Indian language content only in Microsoft Word (.doc/docx) formats.
- Enroll in KDP Select to earn up to 70% royalty on sales to Amazon.in, as well as a share of the KDP Select global fund when a customer uses Kindle Unlimited to read your book.
- Distribute your book to worldwide Kindle stores including Amazon.in, Amazon.com (US), and Amazon.co.uk (UK).
- We're still improving our support for these languages. You may encounter errors when uploading a manuscript. Learn more about fixing common file conversion issues.