Account & Taxes
- Create a KDP Account
- Manage Your KDP Account
- Sign in to Your KDP Account
- CreateSpace Account
- Tax Information Requirements
- Tax Forms
- Tax Account Status
- Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a U.S. TIN (Taxpayer ID Number)
- Tax ID Validation
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
- Format Your Paperback
Format Your eBook
- eBook Manuscript Formatting Guide
- eBook File Formatting Tips
- Supported eBook Formats
- eBook Conversion Formats
- Create a Table of Contents
- Format Images in Your eBook
- Character Encoding
- Create Links to Footnotes
- Reduce Your eBook Manuscript File Size
- Create an eBook Cover
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- What is KDP?
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Kindle Vella
- Create a Series
- Orders & Book Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- A+ Content
- Book Updates
- Payments & Reports
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
Linking Your eBook and Paperback
Detail Page Linking
Linking Amazon detail pages of eBooks and Paperbacks provides the ideal browsing experience for customers. Amazon attempts to link book's formats based on these details:
- Interior type (B&W or Full Color)
If you have an eBook and a paperback with the same metadata and it matches completely, their detail pages should link automatically.
If the Detail pages are not linked, verify if:
- All the details mentioned above match between the eBook and the paperback version
- Timelines had been completed: the detail page creation and the linking process usually take several days. Check our Help page for details on Timelines.
Detail page linking can be done only between paperback and eBook if both are published through KDP and under the same account.Contact us if the detail pages still aren't linked after these checks. Provide the ASIN of the eBook and the 10-digit ISBN number of the paperback.
Bookshelf LinkingFollow these instructions to link your eBook and paperback on your Bookshelf (this doesn't link detail pages):
- Go to your Bookshelf.
- Find the book you want to link.
- Click Link existing paperback or Link existing Kindle eBook. This opens a dialog box.
- Enter the book you want to link into the search field and click Search.
- Once you've found the book, click Link books.
If you change your mind and want to unlink the books:
- Go to your Bookshelf.
- Click the ellipsis button ("...") under the BOOK ACTIONS menu next to the book you want to unlink.
- Choose Unlink books. You can link them again if you want.
Bookshelf linking can be done only between paperback and eBook if both are published through KDP and under the same account.