Account & Taxes
- Create a KDP Account
- Manage Your KDP Account
- Sign in to Your KDP Account
- CreateSpace Account
- Tax Information Requirements
- Tax Forms
- Tax Account Status
- Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a U.S. TIN (Taxpayer ID Number)
- Tax ID Validation
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
Format Your Paperback
- Set Trim Size, Bleed, and Margins
- Format Front Matter, Body Matter, and Back Matter
- Save Your Manuscript File
- Paperback and Hardcover Manuscript Templates
- Cover Creator
- Create a Paperback Cover
- Format Images in Your Book
- Paperback Fonts
- Fix Paperback and Hardcover Formatting Issues
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Format Your Hardcover
Format Your eBook
- eBook Manuscript Formatting Guide
- eBook File Formatting Tips
- Supported eBook Formats
- eBook Conversion Formats
- Create a Table of Contents
- Format Images in Your eBook
- Character Encoding
- Create Links to Footnotes
- Reduce Your eBook Manuscript File Size
- Create an eBook Cover
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Publishing Service Providers & Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Format Your Paperback
- What is KDP?
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Kindle Vella
- Create a Series
- Orders & Book Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- Ways to Promote Your Book
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- A+ Content
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
- Payments & Reports
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
How to enroll in KDP Select
How to enroll in KDP SelectIf you are enrolling your book for the first time, click Enroll in KDP Select while you're entering your eBook details.
If your book is already in your Bookshelf, follow these steps:
- Go to the Marketing page.
- In the KDP Select section, click Enroll an eBook.
- Select your eBook and click Continue.
- Click Enroll.
You can change your eBook details (royalty options, book descriptions, etc.) without affecting your enrollment in KDP Select. You can also unpublish KDP Select-enrolled titles at any time during the term and republish them on KDP later. However, they must remain exclusive through the remainder of the title's current 90-day participation period.
How to check my KDP Select enrollmentYou can confirm your eBook's enrollment by following these steps:
- Go to your Bookshelf.
- Click on the ellipsis button (“…”) under the KINDLE EBOOK ACTIONS menu next to the eBook you enrolled.
- Choose KDP Select Info.
You will see the start and end date of your KDP Select enrollment along with an option to automatically renew the eBook’s enrollment once the 90-day period ends.
How to renew KDP Select enrollmentFor your convenience, every eBook enrolled in KDP Select will be automatically renewed unless you opt out. If you don't want to renew:
- Go to your Bookshelf.
- Under the KINDLE EBOOK ACTIONS menu next to your book, click the ellipsis button ("…").
- Choose KDP Select Info. Under the KDP Select header on the screen that appears, you'll see the start and end dates of your current enrollment period.
- Click Manage KDP Select Enrollment.
- Uncheck the box next to Automatically renew this book's enrollment. Canceling automatic renewal does not affect the eBook's enrollment in KDP Select for the current term.
If your KDP Select enrollment gets renewed, we'll still pay you a share of the current month's fund based on how many pages in Kindle Unlimited (KU) a customers read of your eBook. In addition, for each new term, you will receive the ability to run Kindle Countdown Deals or five days of Free Book Promotion. You will continue to earn 70% royalty for sales in Brazil, Japan, India, and Mexico as long as the 70% list price requirements are also met. A promotion (Kindle Countdown Deals or Free Book Promotion) can be scheduled on the day enrollment is renewed. Note that any unused Kindle Countdown Deals or free promotion days will not roll over.
See our Help articl for details on renewal timelines.