Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?
Create a Series
VIEW AMAZON SERIES PAGE
Check how your series page appears to readers. Not all features are available in every marketplace. Series that contain hardcover are available on Amazon.com, but not Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de. Learn more.
- Series Self-Service
- Creating Series Collection on kdp.amazon.co.jp
- Create or update a Series Collection
- Public domain books
- Books with primarily lined or blank pages, such as journals, notebooks, planners, or other similar works.
- Ordered. The titles are designed to be read in a linear order. Ordered series display numbers with the titles to indicate that books should be read in sequence. An example is the Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings series.
- Unordered. The titles are related by themes or characters and can be read in any order. An unordered series doesn't display numbers with the titles on the series page. We'll display your books in the order they appear on the Series Manager page. An example is The Sherlock Holmes series.
- Main content. Is a primary title in the series. An example is “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,” which is the first book of the Harry Potter series.
- Related content. Is supplemental content to the series, such as novellas, prequels, and short stories. An example is “Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes,” which is a supplemental book to the Hunger Games series.
- Box set or collection: This is a set of items bundled together, containing content related to the series.
- Novella: A short novel (or long short story), related to the main titles in the series.
- Prequel: A story featuring events preceding the main titles in the series.
- Short Story: A single short story or a collection of short stories related to the main titles in the series.
- Other: Content that does not meet the other selections, but is related to the series.
- Choose ordered if you want to display numbers next to the titles of your books to indicate a sequence.
- Choose unordered if the books can be read in any order.
- Must be published through KDP
- Must have the correct name in the Series name field (series names must match)
- Must have the correct number in the Series number field
- The number should reflect the order of the book in the series
- For an unordered series (US only), you can leave this field blank and your publications will be arranged by the original publication date
- Must have the exact series name and series number (for ordered series) in one of the following places. For example, "This is the second book in The Lord of the Rings series":
- Book cover
- Interior (Look Inside)
- Product description (metadata)
- Editorial reviews
- Your official website (if you have one)
- Must be available to buy (Japan, United Kingdom, and Germany only). If your series contains a book that becomes unavailable, your books will be removed from sale as a series until all books in the series are available to buy again.
How it worksA series is a set of books that share common characteristics, such as characters, a setting, or chronology, a reader would expect to find together on a bookstore bookshelf. Create a series to help readers find your books on an Amazon series page and navigate from one book to the next. If your book is part of a series, add it to an existing series or create a new one.
GuidelinesTo create the best experience for readers, follow these guidelines when creating a series:
|1. Ensure your series is complete by adding all the books in the series. You can only manage the books in your KDP account. If you have a series page with books that aren't in your KDP account and need to update the page, contact us.||Helps readers buy a complete series and navigate from one book to the next.|
|2. Include books in your series that share common characteristics, such as characters, a setting, or chronology.
Examples of books that may not be related by theme include:
|Help readers understand what to expect from your series by grouping your related titles together.|
|3. If you have different formats of a book, link them on your Bookshelf and then add either format to your series. Any linked format will be automatically added to your series.||Allow readers to see all available formats for your series titles on one page and select the format that works best for them.|
|4. If you have series titles in multiple languages, create separate series for each language.||Help readers easily find all the titles in your series in a given language.|
|5. Avoid adding duplicate content to the same series.||Ensure readers purchasing all the titles in your series are receiving unique content.|
Reading orderWhen you create a series, you'll decide how you want the titles to display on your series page. Your titles can be ordered or unordered.
|Book Characteristics||Create a series||Ordered||Unordered|
|One storyline throughout multiple books, should be read in order. For example, Harry Potter||Yes||Yes||No|
|Books with the same characteristics, but don't need to be read in order. For example, Sherlock Holmes(Fiction/Non-fiction)||Yes||No||Yes|
|Books written by the same author, but are unrelated||No||No||No|
Title relationshipWhen you add a book to a series, you'll decide how the content is related to the series. You can decide between main and related content. Based on the relationship between your titles to your overall series, your series may have main or related content.
|Visit your Bookshelf and check the box to View titles in series to view your existing series. If you don’t see a series, follow the steps to create a series.|
Publish a seriesPublish and manage a series through your KDP account by following these steps:
Create a seriesYou can create a series from the Create and manage a series section of your Bookshelf. You can also add a title to new or existing series by clicking the ellipsis button ("…") under KINDLE EBOOK ACTIONS, or PAPERBACK ACTIONS or HARDCOVER ACTIONS next to the book you want to update and choosing Add to series.
Enter series detailsYou’ll be taken to the Series Setup page to enter your series details and submit updates.
Submit updatesAfter you click Submit updates, we'll save the updates and create your series. If your series has live titles, the series page will appear within 72 hours. If your series doesn't have live, main content titles, the series page will appear within 72 hours after your titles are live.
Manage your seriesAfter you create a series, you can update your series details at any time from the Manage Series page. You can also add titles, remove titles, re-order the titles in your series, and change whether your titles are main or related content. After you submit updates to your series, it can take up to 72 hours for the updates to appear on your series page. Learn more about managing your series.
Series detailsThe series details you complete during series setup appear on your Amazon series page.
|Language||Choose the language in which you wrote your series. View our supported languages.|
|Series Title||Enter your series title as you want it to appear on the series detail page. We do not support emojis and certain non-printable characters, such as a soft hyphen, in the series title. As a best practice we recommend to omit the word "series" from the title name and use the plural genre descriptions. For example, use "Miss Fortune Mysteries" instead of "Miss Fortune Mystery Series."|
|Reading order||Choose how you want to display the titles in your series. A series can be ordered or unordered:
|Series image||We'll automatically create your series detail page image using up to the first three covers in your series.|
|Description||Enter a custom description for your series. If left blank, we'll display the description from the first book in the series.
Your series description should follow our guidelines.
Note: Custom descriptions are not available for series that have contributions from multiple publishers. we'll display the description from the first book in the series.
Creating Series Collection on kdp.amazon.co.jp
Requirements for Series CollectionTo create or manage s Series Collection, all books in the series must have a matching series name. For example, in The Lord of the Rings series, book number 1 is titled "The Fellowship of the Ring" and book number 2 is titled "The Two Towers." The series name (The Lord of the Rings) is the same for all books in the series.
In the US, Series Collections may be ordered or unordered. An ordered series is designed to read in a linear order as with The Lord of the Rings example above. An unordered series is related by themes or characters, but can be read in any order. In other marketplaces, Series Collections must be ordered.
All books in the series must also meet these requirements:
If your series contains a book that's in pre-order, we can't support 1-click bulk buys for your Series Collection page. Readers can still buy all books in your series from the Series Collection page on an individual basis.
Create or update a Series CollectionTo create or update a Series Collection, follow these steps:
- Go to your Bookshelf and click Create new title. (For existing titles, go to your Bookshelf and click the ellipsis button ("...") under the "eBook Actions" menu next to your book. Then, choose Edit eBook Details.)
- In the Book Title field, enter the title of your book. For example, The Two Towers.
- In the Subtitle (optional) field, provide the subtitle if it exists. If the book does not have a subtitle, leave it blank. Don't add any series information in this field.
- Under Series, in the Series name field, enter the name of the series. For example, The Lord of the Rings. To ensure all books in your series appear on the Series Collection page, you must use the exact series name for all books. For example, The Lord of the Rings does not match Lord of the Rings
- In the Series number field, enter the series number for the book. eBooks in an ordered series without a series number won't appear on your Series Collection page. If you're creating an unordered series (US only), you can leave this field blank and your titles will appear by publication date.
- After you publish or republish all eBooks in the series with accurate series information, contact us with the list of ASINs you want us to include on the Series Collection page.