Account & Taxes
- Set up your KDP account
- CreateSpace Account
- Year End Tax Forms
- What is my tax account status?
- Taking the Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a US ITIN
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
Format Your Paperback
- Set Trim Size, Bleed, and Margins
- Format Front Matter, Body Matter, and Back Matter
- Save Your Manuscript File
- Paperback and Hardcover Manuscript Templates
- Cover Creator
- Create a Paperback Cover
- Format Images in Your Book
- Paperback Fonts
- Fix Paperback and Hardcover Formatting Issues
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Format Your Hardcover
- Format Your eBook
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Publishing Service Providers & Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Format Your Paperback
- Start publishing with KDP
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Low-Content Books
- Kindle Vella
- Start a Book Series
Orders & Book Copies
Proof and Author Copies
- How do I order a proof or author copy?
- How much do proof or author copies cost?
- What is the cost to ship my proof or author copy?
- When will my proof or author copy arrive?
- I’m getting an error ordering my author copy
- I’m getting an error ordering my proof copy
- My proof or author copy came damaged
- My proof or author copy didn’t arrive on time
- My proof or author copy has printing errors
- Proof and Author Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- Ways to Promote Your Book
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- A+ Content
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
Payments & Reports
- KDP Reports
- Old Sales Reports
- KDP Payments
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
Update Your Book
The process to update your book depends on the status of the book you’d like to update and the type of change you want to make. The status of your book is available on your bookshelf to the right of the title. For books in “Draft” status, you can make changes to your book details, content, or cover by retuning to the title setup workflow.
For books in “Live” status, some updates can be made in the existing title setup, while other changes will require you to publish a new edition of your book. This page will detail which updates can and can’t be made and how to make them.
- Delete: To remove a book from your Bookshelf. You can delete books that have never been published and do not have an ISBN assigned.
- Unpublish: To make a published book unavailable for purchase on Amazon. The book will remain visible on your bookshelf.
- Publish: To make a book available for purchase on Amazon, or to make a new edition available after making significant changes to a previously published book.
- Update: To make changes to a published book. Some changes can be made directly to the published version on your bookshelf. Other changes require you to publish a new edition of your book.
Use the links below for more information on each topic:
Update Your Book Details
Some book details are locked after publishing. Learn about what you can update and whether you need to publish a new edition.
Update Your Manuscript
For small changes, you can upload a revised manuscript. For significant changes, such as new chapters, publish a new edition.
Learn how to update your manuscript.
Update Your Cover
Whether you use Cover Creator or uploaded your own cover, you can update your cover art and fix typos in your cover and re-upload the updated file.
Learn how to update your cover.
Unpublishing and Deleting Books
You can delete draft books without an ISBN assigned from your Bookshelf. Published books can't be deleted from your Bookshelf, but can be unpublished so they're no longer available for sale.