- Open the original Word file. Reposition objects and images that don't bleed far enough or go to the next step to reset your page size.
- In the "Page Setup" section of the Layout tab, click Size.
- Select More Paper Sizes. This will open a dialog box.
- Calculate your book's trim size. If your book has bleed, sdd 0.125" (3 mm) to the width and 0.25" (6 mm) to the height. For example, if your trim size is 6" x 9" (15.24 x 22.86 cm), set the page size to 6.125" x 9.25" (15.54 x 23.46 cm).
- Enter your book's trim size, including bleed if necessary, into the "Width" and "Height" fields.
- Click OK.
Note: After you change the page size, the text will shift and the page count will change. Make sure the margins you entered are correct based on the new page count.