Account & Taxes
- Create a KDP Account
- Manage Your KDP Account
- Sign in to Your KDP Account
- CreateSpace Account
- Tax Information Requirements
- Tax Forms
- Tax Account Status
- Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a U.S. TIN (Taxpayer ID Number)
- Tax ID Validation
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
Format Your Paperback
- Set Trim Size, Bleed, and Margins
- Format Front Matter, Body Matter, and Back Matter
- Save Your Manuscript File
- Paperback and Hardcover Manuscript Templates
- Cover Creator
- Create a Paperback Cover
- Format Images in Your Book
- Paperback Fonts
- Fix Paperback and Hardcover Formatting Issues
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Format Your Hardcover
Format Your eBook
- eBook Manuscript Formatting Guide
- eBook File Formatting Tips
- Supported eBook Formats
- eBook Conversion Formats
- Create a Table of Contents
- Format Images in Your eBook
- Character Encoding
- Create Links to Footnotes
- Reduce Your eBook Manuscript File Size
- Create an eBook Cover
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Publishing Service Providers & Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Format Your Paperback
- What is KDP?
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Kindle Vella
- Create a Series
- Orders & Book Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- Ways to Promote Your Book
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- A+ Content
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
- Payments & Reports
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
KDP Reports Beta
- Use the Dashboard to see how your books are performing.
- Display data for more than one book on a single graph so you can compare books and see title-level. trends. You can compare up to 10 books at a time.
- Choose to see graphs as a line or bar chart.
- Estimate your monthly royalties in a single currency of your choice.
- Estimate your monthly royalties from KENP read before the KDP Select Global Fund is announced for that month.
- Use your phone and other mobile devices to view reports.
To review how much you earn from your books, check out KDP Reports beta:
You can still access and download all the existing reports from the Reports tab. The KDP Reports Beta will eventually include all the information that is currently shown in the KDP reports.
|Section||View||What it shows you|
|Orders||How many times your book was ordered (paid and free) on Amazon. The Orders report should match your Units Ordered graph on the Sales Dashboard in the existing KDP reports. From this report, you can compare up to 10 books at a time.|
|KENP Read||Kindle Edition Normalized Pages (KENP) read, which determines the royalties you earn from KU. From this report, you can compare up to 10 books at a time.|
|Promotions||Performance of Kindle Countdown Deals promotions. You can filter by marketplace, titles, and promotion status. Learn more about the Promotions report.|
|Pre-orders||Units ordered for books you have made available for pre-order. Learn more about the Pre-Order report.|
|Month-to-Date||Unit sales transactions and KENP read for the current or prior month. Learn more about the Month-to-Date report.|
|Prior Month's Royalties||Your royalties by month.|
|Statements||Payments||Lists payments by sales period. You can filter by marketplace and payment status. Learn more about the Payment report.|
Frequently asked questions
How far back does historical data go?
- Orders data: daily data for orders is available from January 1, 2018 to the present.
- KENP Read: daily data is available for the lifetime of your account. You can see up to 90 days of data at a time.
- Royalties Estimator: estimated royalties earned from eBook, hardcover, and paperback sales in a single currency are available for the lifetime of your account. Estimated Kindle Unlimited royalties are available during the period prior to the announcement of the applicable KDP Select Global Fund.
- Payments report: only includes KDP payments made after November 2013.
- Prior Month's Royalties: data is available for the lifetime of your account.
How can I filter the data?
You can filter the Orders, KENP Read, Payments, and Royalties Estimator data using the drop-down menus at the top of the page.
To see data on a specific book, use the Books filter. You can see all your books in detail and compare up to 10 of them on the Orders, KENP Read, and Royalties Estimator reports.
To reset your filters to the default settings, press the Reset filters button at the top of the page.
How often is the data updated?
The report data is updated when eBook orders are placed and when paperback or hardcover orders are shipped.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Orders data: it may take extra time for reports to reflect unfulfilled orders, such as cancellations, returns, and customer credit card failures.
- Royalties Estimator: it may take 24 to 48 hours for your estimated royalties to catch up to your order data. This is because royalties appear only after payment is recorded.
- If your book is enrolled in KDP Select, data is updated as new pages are read by customers who borrow your book from KU.
- For Expanded Distribution, data is updated at the end of the month following the month in which the sale occurred.
- Totals are calculated based on the time zone where orders are recorded (e.g., GMT for Amazon.co.uk).
- Currency exchange rates are updated based on the month. For past months, we use the exchange rate on the last day of the month. For the current month, we use the prior month’s exchange rate.
- Prior Month's Royalties: this report is generated near the 15th of each month.
How are royalties estimated for Kindle Unlimited (KU)?
If your book is enrolled in KDP Select, you can estimate royalties earned from KENP read before we announce the KDP Select Global Fund.
You can estimate using the KENP Rate from the last time the KDP Select Global Fund was announced, or you can estimate based on an increase or decrease.
The KENP Rate changes every month, so your actual royalties when the fund is announced will differ from your estimation.
What is Kindle Edition Normalized Page (KENP) Rate?
KENP Rate is the amount we pay per page read from KU. We announce the KDP Select Global Fund amount for the prior month near the 15th of the following month. For example, the September fund amount will be announced around October 15.
The KENP Rate is the total fund amount for a given marketplace divided by the total KENP read in that marketplace for that month.
Many authors use the previous month's KENP Rate to estimate KENP royalties. You can also assume an increase (or decrease) to see a range of outcomes.
My actual earnings don’t match my estimated royalties. Why?
The Royalties Estimator won’t match your actual earnings because it estimates based on factors that change over time.
Your estimated royalties are based on exchange rates, which fluctuate and will be different at the time of payment. If your book is enrolled in KDP Select, your estimated KENP royalties are based on KENP Rate, which changes monthly.
For an official record of your earnings, please see your Prior Months’ Royalties and Payments reports under the Reports tab.
How can I compare my books?
You can see all your books in detail and compare up to 10 of them on the Orders, Royalties Estimator and KENP Read reports.
There are several views to help you track performance across titles:
- In the filters, choose All Books to see the performance of all of your books at-a-glance. Hover on a date in the graph to see a daily breakdown of your top books by units ordered or KENP Read.
- In the filters, choose Compare Books to see up to 10 of your books by units ordered or KENP Read. By default, you will see your top books, up to 10.
- If you prefer, you can select any 10 books in your catalogue to compare. Press the Reset filters button to return to the view of your top books by units ordered or KENP Read.