Prepare, Publish, Promote
- Getting Started
Prepare Your Book
Format Your Manuscript
eBook Manuscript Resources
- eBook Manuscript Formatting Guide
- eBook File Formatting Tips
- Supported eBook Formats
- eBook Conversion Formats
- Create a Table of Contents
- Format Images in Your eBook
- Character Encoding
- Create Links to Footnotes
- Reduce Your eBook Manuscript File Size
Paperback Submission Overview
- Paperback Interior Design
- Paperback Manuscript Templates
- Build Your Book - Format a Paperback Manuscript (Word for Windows)
- Build Your Book - Format a Paperback Manuscript (Word for Mac)
- Build Your Book – Format a Paperback Manuscript (Pages for Mac)
- Format Images in Your Paperback
- Paperback Fonts
- Create a Paperback PDF File
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Formatting on a Mac
- eBook Manuscript Resources
- Create Your Cover
- Format Your Manuscript
Publish Your Book
Enter Book Details
- Enter eBook Details
- Enter Paperback Details
- eBook Metadata Guidelines
- Paperback Metadata Guidelines
- Supported HTML for Book Description
- Supported Languages
- Publishing Public Domain Content
- Make Your Book More Discoverable with Keywords
- Browse Categories
- Enter Age and Grade Ranges
- Series Collection
- Upload Content
Set Rights and Pricing
- Enter Pricing Information
- Paperback Pricing
- eBook Distribution Rights
- Paperback Distribution Rights
- Expanded Distribution
- Enter Book Details
Promote Your Book
- Amazon Literary Contests
Kindle Merchandising Programs
- Author Central
- Lending for Kindle
- Buying and Gifting eBooks for Others
- Sample Chapters
- Kindle Countdown Deals
- Kindle Unlimited
- Kindle eBook Pre-Order
- KDP Select
- Free Book Promotions
- Kindle Owners' Lending Library
- Advertising for KDP Books
- Merchandising Tips
- Customer Reviews
- Amazon Programs
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Issues Dashboard
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Manage Your Books
Sales, Royalties, Taxes
- Sales Reports
- Getting Paid
- Tax Information Requirements
- Tax Forms
- Tax Account Status
- Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a U.S. TIN (Taxpayer ID Number)
- Tax ID Validation
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
KDP Reports Beta
Check out KDP Reports beta at kdpreports.amazon.com to get better insight into how much you earn from your books.
- Benefits of the new reports
- Reports overview
- Frequently asked questions
- How do I get the new reports?
- How far back does the data go?
- How can I filter the data?
- How often is the data updated?
- How often are currency exchange rates updated?
- How are royalties estimated for Kindle Unlimited (KU) and the Kindle Owners' Lending Library (KOLL)?
- What is Kindle Edition Normalized Page (KENP) Rate? How is it calculated?
- What KENP Rate should I choose for my royalty estimate?
- My actual earnings don’t match my estimated royalties. Why?
- Can I still use my old reports?
- Why aren't all the reports included? Will you be adding them?
Benefits of the new reportsThe new KDP reports improve upon the existing ones by allowing you to:
- Use the Dashboard to see how your books are performing
- Display data for more than one book on a single graph so you can compare books and see title-level trends
- Choose to see graphs as a line or bar chart
- Estimate your monthly royalties in a single currency of your choice
- Estimate your monthly royalties from KU and KOLL before the KDP Select Global Fund is announced for that month
- Use your phone and other mobile devices to view reports
|Page||What it shows you|
|Orders report||How many times your book was ordered (paid and free) on Amazon. The Orders report should match your Units Ordered graph on the Sales Dashboard in the existing KDP reports.
Note: Before October 2019, this report was called the Sales report. We’ve changed the name to accurately reflect what is shown in the report. The Orders report shows orders rather than completed sales.
|KENP Read report||Kindle Edition Normalized Pages (KENP) read, which determines the royalties you earn from KU and KOLL|
Frequently asked questions
How do I get the new reports?Go to kdpreports.amazon.com. Bookmark this link to save it for later and access reports whenever you need them. You can also access KDP Reports beta from the Reports tab in your KDP account.
How far back does the data go?Daily data for orders are available from January 1, 2018 to the present. Daily data for KENP Read is available for the lifetime of your account. You can see up to 90 days of data at a time. The Royalties Estimator shows an estimate for the current month, and, if applicable, last month, depending on if the KDP Select Global Fund amount has been announced.
How can I filter the data?You can filter the Orders, KENP Read, and Royalties Estimator data using the drop-down menus at the top of the page. For order data on a specific book, use the "Books" filter or click the book's cover image in the carousel below the graph. By default, the carousel shows your 10 top-earning books. If you have more than 10 books, they're grouped into "other books." Don't see a specific book? You can choose any book you want from the "Books" filter to see its orders and KENP Read.
How often is the data updated?The report data is updated when eBook orders are placed and when paperback orders are shipped. However, here are some things to keep in mind:
- It may take extra time for reports to reflect unfulfilled orders, such as cancellations, returns, and customer credit card failures.
- It may take 24 to 48 hours for your estimated royalties to catch up to your order data. This is because royalties appear only after payment is recorded.
- If your book is enrolled in KDP Select, data is updated as new pages are read by customers who borrow your book from KU and KOLL.
- For Expanded Distribution, data is updated at the end of the month following the month in which the sale occurred.
- Totals are calculated based on the time zone where orders are recorded (e.g., GMT for Amazon.co.uk).