Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?
Where's My Money?
Payment not received for all marketplacesWe pay royalties separately for each marketplace. The top reasons why publishers receive payments only for some marketplaces are:
- Not all the marketplaces have accrued royalties.
- Not all the marketplaces have met the necessary threshold to process the payment (if the method is Check or Wire)
- When converting local royalty earnings to a different country, the amount to be paid after conversion didn't meet the minimum amount banks will allow us to send (if the method is EFT or Wire).
Report shows an EFT/WIRE payment, but payment doesn't appear in bank accountPlease keep in mind that EFT payments can take 1-5 business days to show on your bank account from the payment date. In case of Wire payments, it can take 5-10 days.
If in your Payments Report you see the amounts showing as "Paid," but the payment still does not appear in your account, please reach out to your financial institution for verification.
Check has not arrivedCheck delivery time frames vary depending on location. After the payment date it can take up to a month for the check to reach the address in your KDP account. Please allow this much time before reporting your check as lost, and be sure to confirm the address on file is correct.
For more details on our payment process, see our Getting Paid help page.
To update your bank information or payment methods:1. Log in: https://kdp.amazon.com/bookshelf
2. In the top banner, click "(your) Account"
3. Under "Your Royalty Payments," next to your bank account, click "Edit"
4. In the form that appears, make the modifications you want to make
5. Click "Save"
If you do not provide banking information in your KDP account, we’ll send a paper check in the local currency of the Amazon marketplace through which it was earned to the address you provided in your account.
To change the country where your bank is located:
1. Update your address at the top of the "Your account" screen
2. Click "Save"
3. Scroll down to "Amazon Marketplaces"
4. Click the "+" to the right of Amazon.com
5. Change the currency to your new preferred currency
6. Click "Add new account"
7. In the "Where is your bank located?" dropdown, select the appropriate country. To see the country in the list, it must be a country that trades in the currency you select in Step 5.
8. Fill out the form that appears
9. Click "Save"
Note: If the information you enter in your KDP account does not exactly match the information your bank has on file for you, the bank will reject an electronic transfer of funds. If you use a pen name in your KDP Account Payment Settings which does not match your information on file with your bank, the bank will reject the payment.