Places where Amazon markets your book to customers on the Amazon website may include:
- "More Items to Consider"
- "Customers with Similar Searches Purchased"
- "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought"
Your book may also appear in Shopping Cart Recommendations, "Frequently Bought Together," and many other places on the Amazon website.
Ten Ways to Market Your Books:
Quality is the most important element in generating reader excitement. The better the book, the more likely it is to sell. But you can maximize reader excitement by making sure your book stands out.
1. Create a compelling cover. You want to create a cover that looks good as a full-sized image and also as a thumbnail, since Amazon shows thumbnail cover images in search results, automated merchandising, and detail pages. We recommend using our Cover Creator tool to design a compelling cover.
2. Edit and proofread your book well. Books filled with typos and grammatical errors may foster negative customer reviews.
3. Write a compelling description of your book. Your book description gives customers an opportunity to learn about your book before they buy, so this is an opportunity to convince readers to buy your book.
4. Introduce yourself to your readers. Complete your author profile. Upload your picture in Author Central, add your biography, view and edit your listed books, and create a blog to speak directly to readers.
5. Promote your book online. Connect with potential readers for free over social networks. Share a link to a free preview of your book with Kindle instant book previews. Create profiles on sites like Facebook and Twitter to promote your book. You can also create a website for your book, post on message boards, join user communities, and promote your book on sites across the Web.
6. Create print-on-demand books with CreateSpace. Your book will be available in both digital and print formats on the same Amazon detail page. CreateSpace, a member of the Amazon group of companies, provides a full array of tools and services to help you self-publish and make your book available for sale to millions of potential customers on Amazon.com and other channels.
7. Upload videos and book trailers. Self-published authors often create video trailers to advertise their books online, and Amazon’s Author Pages give you a place to feature them.
8. Join the Amazon Associates program to earn an additional 4% on each sale you drive. Create custom links to your book and professional interactive widgets. When customers click these links and purchase your book, you can earn an additional 4% on each sale.
9. Add a Kindle Countdown Deals promotion. List your book for a limited-time discount promotion that raises prices incrementally over time. Customers will see the discount when they visit your book’s page, and they'll see how long they have to buy before the price goes up. You set the discounts and time periods. For more information, see our Help page.
10. Encourage readers to leave customer reviews. If you're providing a free or discounted copy of your book to a potential reviewer, make sure you're both following Amazon's Customer Review Creation Guidelines for Paid Reviews.