Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?
Make a Kindle eBook available for pre-order
To list an eBook for pre-order:
- Go to your Bookshelf.
- Click Create new title.
- Follow the steps you normally would for publishing an eBook.
- Under the "Pre-order" header, select Make my book available for pre-order and enter the date you plan to release.
- Upload the final version or draft manuscript of the eBook for review.
- Continue through the process of listing your eBook.
- Submit and republish the final version of your eBook by the deadline. Learn more about pre-order timelines.
|Warning||Make sure to submit your final version of your book in time. Learn more about pre-order timelines. Also, if a pre-order eBook doesn't meet the content guidelines, you won't be able to republish the same eBook. Instead, you must submit it with content that meets our guidelines as a new ASIN.|
|Note||If you're creating an illustrated kids' eBook, they're typically in a fixed-layout format. Children's eBooks created using Kindle Kids' Book Creator will work on all Fire tablets, Fire phone, Kindle for iPad, Kindle for iPhone, and Kindle Android apps. When you upload a final fixed-layout file, you may notice new content on your product detail page that explains this to customers. This is expected.|
|Tip||Consider waiting to upload a nearly-finished version of your manuscript in order to make your eBook details as clear as possible for prospective customers.|