- Do not complete Form W-7 if you have a SSN or you are eligible to get a SSN. You are eligible for a SSN if you are a U.S. citizen or if you have been admitted by the United States for permanent residence or U.S. employment. To get a SSN, see Form SS-5, Application for a Social Security Card. To get Form SS-5 or to find out if you are eligible to get a SSN, go to www.socialsecurity.gov or contact a Social Security Administration (SSA) office.
- Do not leave any sections blank. Enter "NA" (not applicable) on all sections of each line that do not apply to you. For example, on Line 4, you should input three separate entries.
- Your application must include all of the
i). Your completed Form W-7.
ii). Your original, valid tax return(s) must be attached to the application. There are exceptions to the requirement to include a U.S. tax return. Please see the IRS instructions for additional information on exceptions.
iii). The original documents, or certified copies of these documents from the issuing agency, that support the information provided on the Form W-7. Please see the IRS instructions for additional information on certified copies.
Prepare, Publish, Promote
- Getting Started
Prepare Your Book
Format Your Manuscript
eBook Manuscript Resources
- Simplified eBook Formatting Guide
- eBook File Formatting Tips
- Supported eBook Formats
- eBook Conversion Formats
- Create a Table of Contents
- Format Images in Your eBook
- Character Encoding
- Create Links to Footnotes
- Bonus Content
- Reduce Your eBook Manuscript File Size
- Submitting Your Paperback to KDP
- Formatting on a Mac
- eBook Manuscript Resources
- Create Your Cover
- Format Your Manuscript
Publish Your Book
Enter Book Details
- Enter eBook Details
- Enter Paperback Details
- eBook Metadata Guidelines
- Paperback Metadata Guidelines
- Supported Languages
- Publishing Public Domain Content
- Make Your Book More Discoverable with Keywords
- Selecting Browse Categories
- Enter Age and Grade Ranges
- Series Titles
- Upload Content
Set Rights and Pricing
- Enter Pricing Information
- Paperback Pricing
- eBook Distribution Rights
- Paperback Distribution Rights
- Enter Book Details
Promote Your Book
Kindle Merchandising Programs
- Lending for Kindle
- Buying and Gifting eBooks for Others
- Sample Chapters
- Kindle Countdown Deals
- Kindle Unlimited
- Kindle eBook Pre-order
- KDP Select
- Free Book Promotions
- Kindle Owners' Lending Library
- Kindle MatchBook
- Advertising for KDP Books
- Merchandising Tips
- Linking eBook and Paperback Editions
- Customer Reviews
- Amazon Programs
- Kindle Merchandising Programs
- Tools and Resources
- Update Your Book
Sales, Royalties, Taxes
- Sales Reports
- Getting Paid
- Tax Information Requirements
- Tax Forms
- Tax Account Status
- Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a U.S. TIN (Taxpayer ID Number)
- Tax ID Validation
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
Applying for a U.S. TIN (Taxpayer ID Number) for Individuals
- Box 1. Enter your legal name in English
- Box 2. Enter your mailing
address in the following order, in English:
- Room number
- Building name
- Street number
- Street name
- Postal code
- Box 3. Enter the non-U.S. address where you permanently or normally reside, if different than Box 2, in English.
- Box 4. Enter your date of birth (month / day / year), country of birth, and city and state or province, if applicable.
- Box 5. Indicate male or female.
- Box 6a. Enter country or countries of citizenship. Enter the complete country name, do not abbreviate (e.g., Japan).
- Box 6b. Enter your national (non-U.S.) Tax identification number (if applicable).
- Box 6c. Enter your type of U.S. visa, number, and expiration data (if applicable).
- Box 6d. Enter the information regarding
the Identification document submitted, e.g. Passport. For a passport,
i). For "Issued by", the agency that issued the document
ii). For "No.", the number of the passport
iii). For "Exp. Date", the date by month / day / year
iv). For "date of entry into the United States", enter the date by month / day / year (if applicable)
- Box 6e. "Have you previously received an ITIN or an Internal Revenue Service Number (IRSN)?". Enter if you have or have not
(or do not know) previously received an ITIN or an IRSN.
i). Complete Box 6f if you answered "yes" to Box 6e
- Name and title (type or print clearly). Enter the same name entered in Box 1.
- Signature. Print out the application first and sign it in writing (not electrically). Signature in your local language and script, e.g., Japanese, is acceptable.
- Applicants telephone number. Write your telephone number in this space, with the country code included. If your number is too long to fit in the space electronically, print out the application form and enter the telephone number in writing.
- Date. Enter the date of signature in writing in the following order, month, date and year.
- Mail. Mail Form
W-7, your passport (or a certified copy), (or other documents as
required by an exception – see instructions)
Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 149342
Austin, TX 78714-9342
- For courier or private
delivery service (e.g., FedEx, UPS, DHL), use the following
Internal Revenue Service
Mail Stop 6090-AUSC
3651 S. Interregional, Hwy
Austin, TX 78741-0000
- In-person at IRS office. See here for a list of IRS offices abroad that can accept W-7 applications in Frankfurt, London, and Paris.
- Acceptance Agent. You also can apply through an Acceptance Agent (AA) authorized by the IRS for a fee. An AA can help you complete and file Form W-7. To get a list of agents, visit this website or visit IRS.gov and enter "acceptance agent program" in the search box at the top of the page.
After obtaining the ITIN, enter the ITIN on KDP's online Tax Interview Form and submit to Amazon. For more information on applying for an ITIN, you can go to the IRS website.