Account & Taxes
- Set up your KDP account
- CreateSpace Account
- Year End Tax Forms
- What is my tax account status?
- Taking the Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a US ITIN
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
Format Your Paperback
- Set Trim Size, Bleed, and Margins
- Format Front Matter, Body Matter, and Back Matter
- Save Your Manuscript File
- Paperback and Hardcover Manuscript Templates
- Cover Creator
- Create a Paperback Cover
- Format Images in Your Book
- Paperback Fonts
- Fix Paperback and Hardcover Formatting Issues
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Format Your Hardcover
- Format Your eBook
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Publishing Service Providers & Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Format Your Paperback
- Start publishing with KDP
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Low-Content Books
- Kindle Vella
- Start a Book Series
Orders & Book Copies
Proof and Author Copies
- How do I order a proof or author copy?
- How much do proof or author copies cost?
- What is the cost to ship my proof or author copy?
- When will my proof or author copy arrive?
- I’m getting an error ordering my author copy
- I’m getting an error ordering my proof copy
- My proof or author copy came damaged
- My proof or author copy didn’t arrive on time
- My proof or author copy has printing errors
- Proof and Author Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- Ways to Promote Your Book
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- A+ Content
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
Payments & Reports
- KDP Reports
- Old Sales Reports
- KDP Payments
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
Topic 2 - Account Setup (non-U.S.)
WHAT THIS TOPIC COVERSAfter reading this topic, you'll be able to:
WHAT YOU'LL NEEDTo complete this topic, you'll need:
YOUR PROGRESSYou've just started Milestone 1. After you're done setting up your account, you'll enter your book details (Milestone 2), format your manuscript and cover (Milestone 3), and set rights and pricing (Milestone 4).
HOW TO SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT
Sign inTo sign in, you'll go to kdp.amazon.com and enter the same login and password you use to shop on Amazon. If you don't have an Amazon account, click "Sign up" and follow the instructions to create a KDP account.
Enter author/publisher informationTo enter your author/publisher information, you'll click the "(Your Name)'s Account" link at the top of the page. This will take you to the My Account page. In the "Author/Publisher Information" section, you'll enter your name, address, and phone number.
TIP: Don't enter your pen name here. This matters because we issue your payments and tax forms under the same name. If you want to use a pen name, enter it when you're entering up your book details.
Enter payment & banking informationTo enter your payment information, you'll go to the "Getting Paid" section of the My Account page and enter your bank information. We need this so we can pay you royalties when customers buy your book.
TIP: We recommend choosing direct deposit (also known as Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)). EFT allows you to receive royalties in your local currency without a minimum threshold. It’s also more secure and environmentally friendly than paper checks.
Complete the tax interviewTo complete the tax interview, you'll go to the "Tax information" section of the My Account page and enter information like your name, address, and Tax Identification Number.
Save your informationWhen you're done, remember to click Save at the bottom of the page.
|Amazon requires all publishers, including non-residents of the U.S., to provide valid taxpayer identification information in order to comply with U.S. tax reporting regulations. This information must be collected in order for Amazon to determine whether any royalty payments made are subject to reporting and withholding to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Your account may be subject to 1042-S reporting if you receive royalty payments from sales on the U.S. store. Royalty payments for sales on the U.S. store are subject to 30% U.S. tax withholding. Publishers may be eligible for a reduced rate of U.S. tax withholding if their country of permanent residence has an income tax treaty with the United States. Learn more.|