Account & Taxes
- Set up your KDP account
- CreateSpace Account
- Year End Tax Forms
- What is my tax account status?
- Taking the Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a US ITIN
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
Format Your Paperback
- Set Trim Size, Bleed, and Margins
- Format Front Matter, Body Matter, and Back Matter
- Save Your Manuscript File
- Paperback and Hardcover Manuscript Templates
- Cover Creator
- Create a Paperback Cover
- Format Images in Your Book
- Paperback Fonts
- Fix Paperback and Hardcover Formatting Issues
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Format Your Hardcover
- Format Your eBook
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Publishing Service Providers & Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Format Your Paperback
- Start publishing with KDP
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Release Date Options
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Low-Content Books
- Kindle Vella
- Start a Book Series
Orders & Book Copies
Proof and Author Copies
- How do I order a proof or author copy?
- How much do proof or author copies cost?
- What is the cost to ship my proof or author copy?
- When will my proof or author copy arrive?
- I’m getting an error ordering my author copy
- I’m getting an error ordering my proof copy
- My proof or author copy came damaged
- My proof or author copy didn’t arrive on time
- My proof or author copy has printing errors
- Proof and Author Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- Ways to Promote Your Book
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- A+ Content
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- Book Updates
Payments & Reports
- KDP Reports
- Old Sales Reports
- KDP Payments
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
KDP Community Guidelines
Users of these forums are expected to follow the guidelines in place across all Amazon websites. The following guidelines pertain specifically to content within the Community including, but not limited to text, URLs, and references. Please help us maintain this constructive environment by following these guidelines and encouraging other users to do the same.
Participating in Our Community
Speak your mind! We want to hear what you have to say. What are our strengths? What can we do better? Help us support the Community more effectively by giving us honest feedback about the things we’re doing well and constructive criticism about the things we can improve.
Say what you think, but please say it constructively. We encourage you to be open, but do not tolerate use that demonstrates disrespect for others.
If you have a question, no matter how complex, we encourage you to ask. However, please do not intentionally post content that demonstrates little or no relevance or disrupts the effective use of the forums in any way. Please communicate in a manner that respects the time and energy of your fellow authors and publishers.
Members may contribute:
- Posts that are topic-specific to the board and the thread
- Relevant knowledge, ideas, and experiences
- Ideas for new features
- Honest feedback about KDP, both things we do well and things we can improve.
- External website links that are relevant, helpful, or provide an example for discussion related to the discussion topic
- Posts announcing or requesting feedback on content created through KDP. We ask that you limit the promotion of your project(s) to one thread.
Members may not include:
- Links, remarks, or references that are profane, obscene, or spiteful
- Content that demonstrates intolerance for or is insulting to other groups and individuals
- Content that demonstrates little or no relevance to KDP issues, or disrupts the effective use of the Community in any way. Use the Community tools only in a manner that respects the time and energy of your fellow authors and publishers.
- Advertisements or solicitations for external web sites, contests, paid service offerings, contributor or customer reviews, or other solicitations, or requests for Community members to be your potential customers
- Repeated announcements of a single topic or respond to a thread with the sole purpose of resurfacing it to the top of the discussion board, also known as bumping
- Posts containing personal information or links to personal information including phone numbers, email or physical addresses
- Threads that do not relate to the topic of the board
Kindle Direct Publishing's Role in the Community
- Our team is actively involved in the KDP Community and we will regularly browse this forum; however, we cannot read every thread and post. For that reason, we rely on the Community to help us enforce the Community rules.
- To protect your privacy and security, we will not reply to individual questions about specific titles or accounts here. Please contact us through our secure Contact Us link at the bottom of each page for specific questions that need our attention.
- We will continue to post relevant updates and news for our members here. Please check back often to stay up-to-date on what’s happening at KDP.
- As a team, we think a lot about which new features to build next for you. We will continue to use this forum to hear your ideas and to gauge your interests which helps us launch new technologies and offerings within KDP.
- KDP reserves the right to remove, edit, and determine the appropriateness or value related to content at its sole discretion, without notice