Prepare, Publish, Promote
- Getting Started
Prepare Your Book
Format Your Manuscript
eBook Manuscript Resources
- Simplified eBook Formatting Guide
- eBook File Formatting Tips
- Supported eBook Formats
- eBook Conversion Formats
- Create a Table of Contents
- Format Images in Your eBook
- Character Encoding
- Create Links to Footnotes
- Bonus Content
- Reduce Your eBook Manuscript File Size
Paperback Manuscript Resources (Beta)
- Paperback Manuscript Templates (Beta)
- Paperback Manuscript Formatting Guide (Beta)
- Paperback Manuscript Formatting Basics (Beta)
- Update Your Paperback Manuscript (Beta)
- Format Images in Your Paperback
- Paperback Fonts (Beta)
- Create a Paperback PDF File (Beta)
- Paperback Publishing Guidelines (Beta)
- Formatting on a Mac
- eBook Manuscript Resources
- Create Your Cover
- Format Your Manuscript
Publish Your Book
Enter Book Details
- Enter eBook Details
- Enter Paperback Details (Beta)
- eBook Metadata Guidelines
- Paperback Metadata Guidelines (Beta)
- Supported Languages
- Publishing Public Domain Content
- Make Your Book More Discoverable with Keywords
- Selecting Browse Categories
- Enter Age and Grade Ranges
- Series Titles
- Upload Content
Set Rights and Pricing
- Enter Pricing Information
- Paperback Pricing (Beta)
- eBook Distribution Rights
- Paperback Distribution Rights (Beta)
- Enter Book Details
Promote Your Book
Kindle Merchandising Programs
- Lending for Kindle
- Gifting for Kindle
- Sample Chapters
- Kindle Countdown Deals
- Kindle Unlimited
- Kindle eBook Pre-order
- KDP Select
- Free Book Promotions
- Kindle Owners' Lending Library
- Kindle MatchBook
- Advertising for KDP eBooks
- Merchandising Tips
- Linking eBook and Paperback Editions
- Customer Reviews
- Amazon Programs
- Kindle Merchandising Programs
- Tools and Resources
- Update Published Books
Sales, Royalties, Taxes
- Sales Reports
- Getting Paid
- Tax Information Requirements
- Tax Forms
- Tax Account Status
- Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding for U.S. Publishers
- Tax Withholding for Non-U.S. Publishers
- Applying for a U.S. TIN (Taxpayer ID Number)
- Tax ID Validation
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
Publish Your Paperback on KDP (Beta)
|You can publish paperbacks and eBooks on KDP. Publishing a paperback can help you reach new readers. KDP prints your book on demand and subtracts your printing costs from your royalties. That means you don't have to pay any costs upfront or carry any inventory. You can also order proofs and author (wholesale) copies of your paperbacks on KDP. We'll be adding expanded distribution in the future.||
A guide to publishing on Amazon
Benefits of publishing paperbacks with KDP include:
- Distribution: Reach paperback readers through Amazon websites in the US, Europe, and Japan.
- Royalties: Earn up to 60% royalties on the list price you set, minus printing costs.
- Rights: Maintain creative control and own your copyright with our non-exclusive agreement.
- Get to market fast: Publish your paperback for international sale in just a few days.
- 100% availability: Printing on demand means your book will never be out of stock.
Like for eBooks, you can set separate prices and distribution options for each supported marketplace for your paperback.
During the publishing process, KDP will try to match the title, author name, and other title information to physical counterparts available in the Amazon catalog. This may take 48 hours to 1 week after each edition is live.
Learn more about linking eBook and paperback editions.
- For easy formatting, use our manuscript templates
- For tips about trim size, bleed, margins, pagination, and images, see our manuscript formatting guide
- For in-depth guidance on formatting manuscripts, see our Paperback Publishing Guidelines
- For instructions on how to update a published paperback, see our Help page
templates. They will help you create print-ready paperback covers with programs like Adobe Photoshop® or Adobe InDesign®. You can use any software that will open a .png or PDF file and save a PDF file.
For in-depth information about paperback covers, see our Publishing Guidelines.
You can see your estimated royalty under the "Royalty & Pricing" section of the Paperback Rights & Pricing tab. Royalties will also show in your reports as your paperbacks are shipped to customers.
Learn more about paperback royalties and pricing.
- Track royalties earned from paperback sales on your Sales Dashboard
- Download your Sales & Royalty Report for royalty details going back 90 days
- See a summary of your monthly royalties in the Prior Months' Royalties Report
- Track your payments in the Payments report
With KDP, you can distribute to Japan, the US, and European marketplaces. We also offer a multilingual user interface and customer support in German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, and Japanese.
Learn more about moving your CreateSpace paperback to KDP.
To maintain your Amazon ratings and reviews, enter the exact ISBN and imprint name of your book on the Paperback Content page. To make sure that only the newest version of your book is available for purchase, remove or disable your title from its former publication platform.
You can also buy your own ISBN from Bowker or through your local ISBN agency. ISBNs purchased from Bowker can be used to publish titles in any language. KDP authors can buy an ISBN at a discounted rate from Bowker.
Learn more about paperback ISBNs.
Learn more about paperback distribution.
Learn more about our Content and Publishing Guidelines.