Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?
When am I charged?Billing occurs periodically depending on the total charges accumulated. You may be billed more frequently at the start of a campaign, but you will never be billed more than the actual cost of clicks. Our billing system is set up to only charge your credit card as the campaign receives clicks. We don't charge your card for the entire campaign budget upfront because we cannot guarantee that we will deliver the entire budget. We also want to give you the opportunity to pause your campaign at any time and still only pay for the clicks you actually received.
Advertisers paying with credit cards are not provided with notifications of billing. You're billed for your ads when:
- Your account accumulates your first $1.00 worth of clicks
- Your account accumulates additional clicks that meet or exceed your credit limit. Your credit limit begins at $50 and increases each time you reach your credit limit and you make a successful payment. From $50 it increases to $150, $200, $350, and finally $500.
- You have a balance due for the previous month, regardless of your credit limit. You incur this charge on the third day of each month.
How to see your billing historyYou can see your billing history in your Amazon Advertising account. Here you'll find all the invoices for your billing history. This includes invoices that you've paid, as well as the most current invoice that is accruing charges. Clicking on each invoice will give you the date of billing, corresponding ad campaigns, status, amount, and other information.
Billing errorsHere are a few steps you can take to help prevent errors:
- Verify that the payment information for this ad is correct (expiration date, transposed digits, etc.)
- Verify that the billing address and phone number on your Amazon Advertising account match those associated with your credit card
- Ask your bank about their restrictions regarding electronic or Internet purchases, or if the card has been updated or revised in any way recently
- Update your payment method. You can go to your Amazon Advertising account and check the paused ad. You'll see an alert to fix the billing error and you can change or update your payment details.
Your ad will restart automatically once you update your credit card details. If your campaign is already past the end date you set and you've updated your credit card, you can submit a new ad. To verify or update your credit card information, sign in to your Amazon.com or Amazon Advertising account (not your KDP account). You can update or add a card at any time as long as your ad is not currently running. If you need to change your billing information, you can terminate your ad and create a new campaign with a new credit card.