Prepare, Publish, Promote
- Getting Started
Prepare Your Book
Format Your Manuscript
eBook Manuscript Resources
- eBook Manuscript Formatting Guide
- eBook File Formatting Tips
- Supported eBook Formats
- eBook Conversion Formats
- Create a Table of Contents
- Format Images in Your eBook
- Character Encoding
- Create Links to Footnotes
- Reduce Your eBook Manuscript File Size
Paperback Submission Overview
- Paperback Interior Design
- Paperback Manuscript Templates
- Build Your Book - Format a Paperback Manuscript (Word for Windows)
- Build Your Book - Format a Paperback Manuscript (Word for Mac)
- Build Your Book – Format a Paperback Manuscript (Pages for Mac)
- Format Images in Your Paperback
- Paperback Fonts
- Create a Paperback PDF File
- Paperback Submission Guidelines
- Formatting on a Mac
- eBook Manuscript Resources
- Create Your Cover
- Format Your Manuscript
Publish Your Book
Enter Book Details
- Enter eBook Details
- Enter Paperback Details
- eBook Metadata Guidelines
- Paperback Metadata Guidelines
- Supported HTML for Book Description
- Supported Languages
- Publishing Public Domain Content
- Make Your Book More Discoverable with Keywords
- Browse Categories
- Enter Age and Grade Ranges
- Series Collection
- Upload Content
Set Rights and Pricing
- Enter Pricing Information
- Paperback Pricing
- eBook Distribution Rights
- Paperback Distribution Rights
- Expanded Distribution
- Enter Book Details
Promote Your Book
Kindle Merchandising Programs
- Author Central
- Lending for Kindle
- Buying and Gifting eBooks for Others
- Sample Chapters
- Kindle Countdown Deals
- Kindle Unlimited
- Kindle eBook Pre-Order
- KDP Select
- Free Book Promotions
- Kindle Owners' Lending Library
- Advertising for KDP Books
- Merchandising Tips
- Customer Reviews
- Amazon Programs
- Kindle Merchandising Programs
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Issues Dashboard
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- Manage Your Books
Sales, Royalties, Taxes
- Sales Reports
- Getting Paid
- Tax Information Requirements
- Tax Forms
- Tax Account Status
- Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a U.S. TIN (Taxpayer ID Number)
- Tax ID Validation
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
Amazon charges for the number of clicks you receive on your ads. We charge you each time you accumulate a certain amount of click charges, which we refer to as the credit limit.
You are charged when:
- You accumulate your first $1 worth of clicks.
- You accumulate additional clicks that meet or exceed your credit limit. Your credit limit begins at $50 and increases each time you reach your credit limit and you make a successful payment. From $50, it increases to $150, $200, $350, and finally $500.
- You have a balance due for the previous month, and you haven't reached your credit limit. We'll bill you on the third day of each month.
We automatically create an invoice each time we bill for clicks. You can in the Billing section.
You can pay for advertising with credit and debit cards.
The total advertising fee is charged to your selected payment method during an invoice period. You will only be able to select a single payment method for your account. You will be charged in the currency of the marketplace where the ads were created.
When you register for advertising using a credit card, Amazon uses the card to validate advertising payments
Only an advertising console administrator can update the payment method. Users that were invited as secondary users cannot update the payment method.
To update your payment method:
- Go to Billing and payments
- Click Payment settings
- Select your desired payment method and enter the required information.
- Click Save.
If you receive a payment failure notification, verify that your payment method is still valid.
To review your payment method:
- Go to Billing and payments.
- Click Payment settings.
When you're troubleshooting a payment failure, check if the following are correct. Keep in mind that it may take up to 72 hours to process and verify your payment details. Upon payment processing, your ad will restart automatically. If your campaign is already past the end date you set and you've updated your credit card, you can create a new campaign.
Credit and debit cards
- Has your credit card expired?
- Have you entered the credit card number incorrectly?
- Does the card holder’s name you entered match the card holder’s name on the card?
- Have you reported the card as lost or stolen, or otherwise deactivated it?
- Have you checked for insufficient funds?
- Has the credit card company changed the credit card account number?
- Does your bank have restrictions regarding electronic or internet purchases?
- Is your card chargeable in the currency of the Amazon marketplace where you registered your advertising account?
- If this is your first time creating an ad in a new marketplace, make sure the same credit card is available as a payment method in Your Amazon Wallet on your Amazon.com account (Your Account > Payment options).
Deduct from retail proceeds
- If you selected to deduct advertising fees from your retail proceeds, confirm that you have sufficient balance to cover all unpaid invoices.