Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?
Add a Kindle Countdown Deal
- Before adding your promotion
- Eligibility requirements
- How to add your promotion
- Changing or cancelling your promotion
To drive more traffic to your book:
- Inform your readers via email, your website, social media, etc.
- Ask friends, fellow authors, and bloggers to promote your Kindle Countdown Deal.
- Check out our merchandising tips.
Tip: Consider signing up with Amazon Associates to earn more money while promoting your book.
- $2.99 - $24.99 (Amazon.com)
- £1.99 – £15.99 (Amazon.co.uk, including VAT)
Other requirements for scheduling a Kindle Countdown Deal:
- Title has been enrolled in KDP Select for at least 30 days.*
- Digital list price is unchanged for 30 days before or 14 days after your Kindle Countdown Deal runs.
- Minimum discount is $1.00 USD on Amazon.com (£1.00 on Amazon.co.uk).
- Maximum duration of a Kindle Countdown Deal is 7 days. The minimum duration is 1 hour.
- Duration you choose will run as a single promotion (not split into multiple durations).
- Maximum number of price increments is 5.
- No free promotion has been run for title (during a KDP Select term, you can run either a free promotion or a Kindle Countdown Deal)
- Kindle Countdown Deals must be scheduled 24 hours before your desired start date, as far in advance as you want.
Example: To begin a promotion on January 10, you can schedule it any time before January 8.
- Kindle Countdown Deals are limited to one per KDP Select term. The latest end time for your Kindle Countdown Deals promotion is 14 days before your KDP Select period ends. If you renew your book in KDP Select for another consecutive 90-day period, the latest end time for your Kindle Countdown Deal can fall on the last day of your current KDP Select period.
- Find the book you'd like to promote on your Bookshelf.
- Under the "Kinde eBooks Actions" menu, click Promote and Advertise.
- Under "Run a Price Promotion," select Kindle Countdown Deal.
- Click Create a new Kindle Countdown Deal for this book.
- Enter the marketplace, date and time, number of price increments, and starting price.
- A table will appear that lists the price increments and start times. You can make changes in the table.
- When you're ready, click Add Promotion.
Once you add your promotion, it will appear on your book details page on the "KDP Select Benefits" tab.