- In the Account holder name box, enter your name exactly as it appears on your bank account
- Select the Type of account — Checking or Savings
- Enter your Account Number and verify in the second box
- Enter your bank's ABA Routing number. This nine-digit code appears as the first set of numbers on the bottom of your checks. Your bank can also provide this number to you
- In the Name of bank box, enter your bank's name
- Click Add
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save to finish updating your payment preferences.
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?
Payment & Banking
Payment options by locationWhen setting up your account, you'll need to provide details for receiving royalty payments for sales from each Amazon store. Available payment methods (direct deposit, wire transfer or check) are based on the location of your bank.
Direct deposit, also known as electronic funds transfer (EFT), has no minimum payment threshold, and it's the fastest, most secure and environmentally friendly way to receive your royalty payments. You'll be paid in full approximately 60 days after the end of every month for all your sales, regardless of the amount, and in your local currency. Because of the benefits of direct deposit, Kindle Direct Publishing will be phasing out payments by check by the end of 2017.
Click on the country below where your bank is located to see where direct deposit is available:
United States (US) | United Kingdom (UK) | European Union (EU) | Canada (CA) | Brazil (BR) | Japan (JP) | India (IN) | Mexico (MX) | Australia (AU) | New Zealand (NZ) | Other
Add a bank accountThe name provided in the Author/Publisher Information section (Full name) should be the legal name of the author. In the Payment & Banking section under Tell us about your bank, this name should match the Account holder name.
1. Sign in to KDP and click (Your Name's) Account at the top of the page (for security purposes, you will be taken to the sign-in page for account confirmation)
2. In My Account, select Payment & Banking
3. Click Add Bank Account, select the location of your bank account, and click Add
4. Follow the steps below matching where your account is located.