Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?
Kindle Countdown Deal Royalties and Reports
You will earn royalties based on the royalty rate you have selected and the promotional price, as described on the Pricing Page, net of refunds, bad debt, and any VAT, sales or other taxes charged to a customer or applied with respect to sales to a customer.
• 70% royalty plan: You will be paid based on the 70% royalty plan, using the promotional list price to determine the amount. For example, if your book has a regular list price of $4.99, and one of your promotional list prices is $1.99, you will earn 70% * ($1.99 - $0.15 * file size), even if the price is below the 70% royalty minimum outlined on the Pricing Page.
Once your promotion starts, you can track its performance in your reports, which will update periodically while your promotion runs. Your existing reports will also show the Kindle Countdown Deal transactions separately. You can find more details here.
To view a Kindle Countdown Deal report
1. Go to the Reports section
2. Click the new report type, "Promotions," at the bottom of the list of reports
3. Select the book, marketplace, and date range you want to learn more about
4. You'll see a report with detailed information about each individual price increment, as well as totals, for your promotion.