- About Accounts
- Getting Started
Before You Start Publishing
- Getting Started
- Building Your Book for Kindle
- Make sure your web browser is updated
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Publishing Public Domain Content
- Supported Languages
- Conversion and Translation Resources
- Publishing and Review
- Amazon Programs - CreateSpace Services
- Enter Book Information
Manuscript, Cover, and Table of Contents
- Format Manuscript
- Formatting Images Within Your Kindle Book
Paperback Content (Beta)
- Paperback Metadata Guidelines (Beta)
- Paperback ISBN (Beta)
- Paperback Print Options (Beta)
- Paperback Manuscript (Beta)
- Edit Paperback Details (Beta)
- Paperback Cover Options (Beta)
- Enter Paperback Details (Beta)
- Move Your CreateSpace Paperback to KDP (Beta)
- Formatting on a Mac
- Paperback Pricing (Beta)
- Create a Table of Contents
- Create a Book Cover
- Upload and Preview eBook Content
Set Rights and Pricing
- Enter Pricing Information
- KDP Pricing Support (Beta)
Promotion and Merchandising
- Getting Started
- Merchandising Tips
Kindle Merchandising Programs
- Lending for Kindle
- Gifting for Kindle
- Sample Chapters
- Kindle Countdown Deals
- Kindle Unlimited
- Kindle eBook Pre-order
- Kindle Indie Bookstore
- KDP Select
- Free Book Promotions
- Kindle Owners' Lending Library
- Kindle MatchBook
- Advertising for KDP eBooks
- Managing the Availability of Your Book
- Linking from Your Website
- Linking Kindle and Print Editions
- Amazon Programs
- Customer Reviews
- Publishing Illustrated Books
- Update Your Published Book
Sales, Royalties, Payments, and Taxes
- Royalty Options
- Sales Ranking
- Sales, Royalties, and Payments Reports
- Getting Paid
- Buy Box Eligibility for Third-Party Sellers
- Tax Account Status
- Tax ID Validation
- Tax Interview
- Tax Information Requirements
- Tax Withholding for U.S. Publishers
- Tax Withholding for Non-U.S. Publishers
- Applying for a U.S. TIN (Taxpayer ID Number)
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
Publish Your Paperback on KDP (Beta)
|You can now publish paperbacks and eBooks on KDP. Publishing a paperback can help you reach new readers. KDP prints your book on demand and subtracts your printing costs from your royalties. That means you don't have to pay any costs upfront or carry any inventory. We'll be adding features like proofs, author copies, and expanded distribution to bookstores and non-Amazon websites.|
Benefits of publishing paperbacks with KDP include:
Like for eBooks, you can set separate prices and distribution options for each supported marketplace for your paperback.
During the publishing process, KDP will try to match the title, author name, and other title information to physical counterparts available in the Amazon catalog. This may take up to 24 hours after the title is live.
Learn more about linking eBook and paperback editions.
- For easy formatting, use our manuscript templates
- For tips about trim size, bleed, margins, pagination, and images, see our manuscript formatting guide
- For in-depth guidance on formatting manuscripts, see our Paperback Publishing Guidelines
- For instructions on how to update a published paperback, see our Help page
templates. They will help you create print-ready paperback covers with programs like Adobe Photoshop® or Adobe InDesign®. You can use any software that will open a .png or PDF file and save a PDF file.
For in-depth information about paperback covers, see our Publishing Guidelines.
You can see your estimated royalty under the "Royalty & Pricing" section of the Paperback Rights & Pricing tab. Royalties will also show in your reports as your paperbacks are shipped to customers.
Learn more about paperback royalties and pricing.
- Track royalties earned from paperback sales on your Sales Dashboard
- Download your Sales & Royalty Report for royalty details going back 90 days
- See a summary of your monthly royalties in the Prior Months' Royalties Report
- Track your payments in the Payments report
With KDP, you can distribute to Japan, the US, and European marketplaces. We also offer a multilingual user interface and customer support in German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, and Japanese.
Learn more about moving your CreateSpace paperback to KDP.
To maintain your Amazon ratings and reviews, enter the exact ISBN and imprint name of your book on the Paperback Content page. To make sure that only the newest version of your book is available for purchase, remove or disable your title from its former publication platform.
You can also buy your own ISBN from Bowker or through your local ISBN agency. ISBNs purchased from Bowker can be used to publish titles in any language. KDP authors can buy an ISBN at a discounted rate from Bowker.
Learn more about paperback ISBNs.
Learn more about paperback distribution.
Learn more about our Content and Publishing Guidelines.