Account & Taxes
- Create a KDP Account
- Manage Your KDP Account
- Sign in to Your KDP Account
- CreateSpace Account
- Tax Information Requirements
- Tax Forms
- Tax Account Status
- Tax Interview
- Tax Withholding
- Applying for a U.S. TIN (Taxpayer ID Number)
- Tax ID Validation
- How Taxes Affect List Prices
- Format Your Paperback
Format Your eBook
- eBook Manuscript Formatting Guide
- eBook File Formatting Tips
- Supported eBook Formats
- eBook Conversion Formats
- Create a Table of Contents
- Format Images in Your eBook
- Character Encoding
- Create Links to Footnotes
- Reduce Your eBook Manuscript File Size
- Create an eBook Cover
Tools and Resources
- KDP Tools and Resources
- Kindle Create Help Overview
- Kindle Previewer
- Kindle Comic Creator
- Kindle Kids' Book Creator
- Quality Notifications Dashboard
- Guide to Kindle Content Quality
- Enhanced Typesetting
- X-Ray for Authors
- What is KDP?
Create a Book
- Book Detail Resources
- Upload Book Resources
- Pricing Resources
- Book Status
- Kindle Vella
- Create a Series
- Orders & Book Copies
- Amazon Store & Detail Page
Marketing & Distribution
- KDP Select
- Author Central
- Advertising for KDP books
- Expanded Distribution
- Merchandising Tips
- Nominate Your eBook for a Promotion (Beta)
- A+ Content
- Book Updates
- Payments & Reports
Legal & Content Guidelines
- Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions
- Program Policies
Kindle Publishing Guidelines
- Getting Started
- General Best Practices
Guidelines for Specific Types of eBooks
- Creating Reflowable Books
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Text Pop-Ups
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books with Image Pop-Ups or Virtual Panels
- Creating Fixed-Layout Books Without Pop-Ups
- Creating Kindle Editions with Audio/Video Content
- Creating Dictionaries
- Milestone 1 - Getting Started
- Milestone 2 - Book Details
- Milestone 3 - Manuscript & Cover
- Milestone 4 - Rights & Pricing
- KDP University
- Kindle Publishing Guidelines
Have feedback? Can't find your answer in our Help pages?Contact Us
KDP Help Center Home
Find help where you need it. You can use the search bar above or navigate through topics using the menu on the left.
News & recent updates
Here's what to know:
|.||Create A+ Content from the KDP Marketing page|
A+ Content allows you to add images, text, and comparison tables to your Amazon detail page to engage readers and give them more information as they consider buying your book. Learn more.
|.||Publish Serialized Stories with Kindle Vella|
Kinde Vella is a new storytelling option where you can publish serialized stories one episode at a time. Readers can explore Kindle Vella stories from https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella or tap Kindle Vella at the top of the Discover tab in the Kindle iOS app. Learn more.
|.||Paperbacks with cream paper are available in Australia|
After launching paperback printing on white paper in May, we’re excited to announce that we’re printing paperbacks with cream paper in Australia (amazon.com.au). Printing costs are distinct in every marketplace and may affect your royalties. For books with Australian distribution rights, we recommend reviewing your list price and estimated royalties for Amazon.com.au. For more details, visit our Help article.
Are you new?
Here are a few steps to get you started:
What is KDP?
Discover if KDP is the right publishing service for your book.
Format Your Book
Get your cover and manuscript ready for publication.
Create a Book on KDP
Use our walk-through guide for creating your first book.
Build a series on Amazon and edit the details as much as you want.
Get copies of your books and see how they look in real life.
Set up your payment method and troubleshoot any issues.
Optimize where your book is displayed on Amazon's store.
Learn how to update your book's metadata.
Have your paperback and eBook available on the same Amazon detail page.