Kindle Countdown Deals
Kindle Countdown Deals is a new KDP Select benefit that lets authors provide readers with limited-time discount promotions on their books available on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk. It's a great opportunity to earn more royalties and increase discoverability of your book. Customers will see the regular price and the promotional price on the book’s detail page, as well as a countdown clock showing how much time is left at the promotional price. You’ll also continue to earn your selected royalty rate on each sale during the promotion.
Here are some of the benefits of Kindle Countdown Deals:
2) Customers see the regular price: It's easy for customers to see the great deal they're getting, as the regular price is included on the book's detail page, right beside the promotional price.
3) Royalty rate is retained at lower prices: You will earn royalties based on your regular royalty rate and the promotional price. As a result, if you are using the 70% royalty option, you’ll earn 70% even if the price is below $2.99.
4) There's a dedicated website: Customers can easily browse active; Kindle Countdown Deals at http://www.amazon.com/kindlecountdowndeals, providing yet another way for books to be discovered.
5) You can monitor performance in real-time: A new KDP report displays sales and royalties at each price discount side-by-side with pre-promotion performance, so it's easy to compare.
Say for example your book has a list price of $4.99, and you start a promotion on Monday at 8 A.M. your time, with a starting price of $1.99. You set three price increments to run 24 hours each.
- Thursday @8:00 AM: Price Discounted to $1.99 for 24 hours
- Friday @8:00 AM: Promotional Price Increases to $2.99 for 24 hours
- Saturday @8:00 AM: Promotional Price Increases to $3.99 for 24 hours
- Sunday @8:00 AM: Price Returns to Original List Price of $4.99
During each promotional day, your book's detail page will display a counter announcing the promotion, the current price, the time remaining until the price changes, and the next price.
Adding a Kindle Countdown Deal
Kindle Countdown Deal Royalties and Reports
Kindle Countdown Deals FAQ